Third Party Press

M24 Stick Grenade Wood Case

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator
Staff member
M24 Stick Grenade Wood Case w/1936 Grenade

I have become a big fan of M24 grenades. Transit cases are very tough to find. You can sometimes find the metal version but the wood ones not so much. Thankfully Mr Grist sold me this earlier this year. However, it was missing the interior rack (which almost all metal and wood ones are). I imagine that GIs liked to use these to ship stuff home in and didn't want the rack.

So I was able to locate a collector on another forum in England who is a big collector of these. He sent me the exact schematic draws and measurements of an original rack. I made a new rack (and another one for Bill), aged it a little and glued it in place. I also carefully removed the original nails that held the rack in place (they were still in the crate but bent in). After my rack was in place I drilled a tiny little whole through the original holes and into the rack. Then I carefully hammered the old nails back in. It was a fun project.

Now, I just have to fill it up with original grenades and the correct detonator and fuse boxes.

Before
Wood Case 1 (1).jpgWood Case 1 (2).jpgWood Case 1 (3).jpgWood Case 1 (4).jpgWood Case 1 (5).jpgWood Case 1 (6).jpgWood Case 1 (7).jpg

After (with group shot)
Wood Case 1 (12).jpgCollection (10).jpg

Last edited:
I’m not very excited about it all. Made to blow up, not sit around- if I had a grenade I’d have to use it like it was made for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful work! I live that crate, and a super nice grenade too!

Now you have to fill it the rest of the way....take a second mortgage out on your house....:laugh:

Military Rifle Journal
Back