Third Party Press

Help identifying correct parts on this 43 BYF

If the rest of the parts turn out to be incorrect I won't be heartbroken.

You ask here for expert opinions about your rifle and you learn that the rifle isn't original - with this knowledge you sell the rifle afterwards as original? You know what that means?

Unbenannt.jpg Unbenannt 2.jpg

That's kind of dirty pool by the OP. Sorry to hear you got the hot potato SunKing.

Thanks Heavy_mech. I did go back and edit my feedback on gunbroker to a C, and linked back to this thread. I thought I had done enough research to know exactly what I was buying, but obviously not. That said, as my first k98 I am not disappointed in the rifle - I got exactly what was pictured - I'm only disappointed that I overpaid for what was misrepresented. As I said - you live and learn. I plan to take it to the range and enjoy it.

I'm not completely discouraged, but going forward I'll be a lot more patient, and may lean on the experts here to make sure I don't make the same mistake again. Thanks!

Why has someone drilled a hole in front band?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cause it was drilled to go on a different type stock.

Others might have seen this and just didn't call it out, but the font on the two bands don't appear to match.

2018-09-06_0844.png
2018-09-06_0845.png

That's kind of dirty pool by the OP. Sorry to hear you got the hot potato SunKing.

I think you're taking it easy on the OP. The guy gets free info here, and then uses it to deceive AND profit from someone with less knowledge. I told him the bands were not right. I'm done helping that guy out.

Military Rifle Journal
Back