Third Party Press

L marked ZF4 rig - Legit or FUBAR

agentcq

I know we are not supposed to comment on ongoing auctions, but this just doesn't look right to me. Marked "L" and then "IA", no L on the turret and at least to me the pantograph marking on the mount don't look correct.
My thoughts are possibly an actual legit mount and scope, but 'pimped out' and farb'd.

Please let me know if I am totally off-base. Interesting thing is he has some other scare kit - priced high but still legit. So this may be a case of the seller not knowing any better, versus trying to purposely try to hump an item.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-...244511?hash=item33f268289f:g:r1QAAOSwRhVbes~X

Scope has been heavily messed with, I have doubts it ever was an "L" scope although it has an "L" elevation drum. Even if it was, the value has been lost due to heavy filing and some 4 year old trying to play pantograph with a Dremel tool.
The locking lever is not only welded on, destroying the spline screw in the process, it's also a repro lever. Talking about repro, I don't think the mount is of WW2 production. One look at the back side should remove all doubts.
Overall, an overpriced parts donor for someone fixing a broken ZF4 scope or for some reenactor. Value? $10 for the bands, $90 for the L marked turret, $50 for the other turret, $50 for the guts of the scope, $10 for the eye piece. The mount is essentially worthless due to welding as it may not lock on your rail with the current lever setting. I will still assign a $50 value to the mount because it's a decent fake, for a total of $260.
Please proceed to checkout.

Original L ZF4 messed up with fake mount and bands. Total not worth more than 300-350USD in this condition...IMO

Military Rifle Journal
Back