Third Party Press

Inquiry - WTT RG34 parts worth doing?

This sounds like a good idea. I only have one rg34 an ab 43. I posted it here with an ab 43 bayonet about 6 years ago (12-2-2012) It has all the components, not sure if they are the correct ones for it though. I will get it out and check to see if anything is marked.

People who do not own a RG34 for each of their German guns, are not considered "collectors" any more! Thanks

What about the opposite? If I am required to own a German gun for each my rg34 I'm in real trouble!

It sounds like a good idea!

I am searching for a late stamped oiler for a RCO kit.

I'm not 100% positive, but I wouldn't put a stamped oiler into a rco kit. From my experience the stamped oilers are usually found in arr43/44 kits. My rco kits all came with phenolic oilers.
"Slash" sure knows more about it.

I'm not 100% positive, but I wouldn't put a stamped oiler into a rco kit. From my experience the stamped oilers are usually found in arr43/44 kits. My rco kits all came with phenolic oilers. "Slash" sure knows more about it.

Although what we as collectors see is not even the "tip of the tip of the iceberg" of total RG34 production, by observation we still are able to arrive at some theories and conclusions. Your thoughts parallel my own regarding the sheet metal oilers. Not more than a year ago I found a RG34 "rco45" which had a sheet metal oiler in it. Two features I noted were the sheet metal oiler had no observable seam on the body and finish on the components was either a dull gray (phosphate?) and/or left unfinished. More often than not, I have seen reddish-brown phenolic oilers or extruded steel ones in late "arr4" & rco44/45 kits.

Back in the late 1980s I stayed with a friend in Ohio before going to a O.G.C.A. show. While in his garage I discovered about a dozen tan RG34 kits. All were either "arr" or "rco" 44/4 marked. I asked him about the kits and he said all came from Yugoslavia with other items imported from there. He said I could have one if I wanted it, so went through all the kits. None of them were totally complete, but typically had either a twisted wire chain, phenolic oiler, the brushes, and no spoon. I selected a nice "rco44" tin with a reddish-brown phenolic oiler, late spoon, and twisted wire chain. The chain was interesting in the three steel beads behind the patch loop had never been crimped to the wire, but were left as open cylinders. My friend said there had been a (rco) 45 dated kit, but he had sold it for big bucks at the previous O.G.C.A. show. The sheet steel oilers in my "arr4" marked kits have a nice, matte-blue finish. One oiler has a weld seam around the circumference of the center of the tube and the other no visible seam. BTW, the "rco45" kit I mentioned in my first paragraph is now owned by my friend whom gave me my first tan kit 30 years earlier...

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back