Third Party Press

Ebay cmr45 cleaning kit find

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
So I've been on a cleaning kit binge lately (see my thread) and I was looking at this kit on ebay with a $49.99 buy it now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WW...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

(You will have to click the "View Original Link", ebay won't link directly anymore).

So, fairly good pics, but not really any detail, you can't even read the code on the lid. For those without the ability, here are the pics from the auction below. Anyway, I could barely make out the cmr code from the photo showing the inside of the lid, and all the contents were correct for cmr so I figured what the heck, lets see what I get.

Attachments

• kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 95
  • kit1.jpg
    kit1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 116
  • kit2.jpg
    kit2.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 136
  • kit3.jpg
    kit3.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 123
  • kit4.jpg
    kit4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 114
  • kit5.jpg
    kit5.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 100
Oh yeah, forgot, it came in the mail today. Kit is cmr 45 coded!

Attachments

• IMG_5413.jpg
    IMG_5413.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 138
What haven’t you binged on? Lol.

Nice kit!! Especially with all the correct contents.

So it turned out to be a CMR45 . Sometimes it worth taking a chance !!!!!! It is kinda funny we were joking about what if it turns out to be 45 dated CMR :thumbsup:

Ebay, my bestest buddy

What haven’t you binged on? Lol.

Nice kit!! Especially with all the correct contents.

Yeah, I bounce around. Collecting cleaning kits is cheap fun, but 45 dated kits are ridiculously priced. I really got lucky, thought I would never own one due to the prices people ask for cmr45’s. With this kit I have all the 45 kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing. You did really well. The hardest 1945 date to find by far. You will see 50 rco45 for every cmr45. And this one complete with the latches. Many of the cmr45 were completed without the latches as an expediency. You see this with the late CNX cans finished by G. Appel from Mundlos stock also. The last cmr45 that I tracked on ebay was about three years ago and it ended at almost $800.

You forgot to mention the upper case "L" authenticator stamped into the tin at the bottom of the corrugation :behindsofa:

Great find, congratulations.

Military Rifle Journal
Back