Third Party Press

Martin100's High Turret for review

martin100

Hello and congratulations to the beautiful weapon. I also have one with the number 7896K.

I can post the photos because it is my rifle. WR stamp is at the front mounting at the surface and at the bottom of the shutter housing.
Mounted is an AJACK rifle scope.

regards

:hail:

thumbnailY5HDOP01.jpg

thumbnailT05FSYEN.jpg

thumbnailBTHTQ87N.jpg

thumbnailK7PQPZOB.jpg

thumbnailKZL9V1CP.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and congratulations to the beautiful weapon. I also have one with the number 7896K.

I can post the photos because it is my rifle. WR stamp is at the front mounting at the surface and at the bottom of the shutter housing.

regards

View attachment 185860

View attachment 185861

View attachment 185862

View attachment 185863

View attachment 185864

Milling Marks on the Safety are NOT Correct and the Bolt Body Numbers appear suspect . I would like to see more pics of this Rifle staring with Left Side Receiver , Scope Numbers on the Front Ring . I have never seen a Tang marked with letter I . Something does not seem right .

Did You buy this Rifle from a seller at EGun ????? .

Last edited:
I agree with Dave. I am not liking what I am seeing in these pictures. The inspection proof on the rear base looks incorrect. Please post more pictures.

regards

View attachment 185860

View attachment 185861

View attachment 185862

View attachment 185863

View attachment 185864

Martin
One other thing You should look for on safety is it RW Proofed anywhere . Every Milled Down Turret Safety I have seen is alway WR Proofed .

I asked You about were and who You bought this Turret Rifle from because myself and another member have a VERY GOOD idea were and who it came from and if I am correct this guy is a known Schlockmeister !!!!!!! . Look forward to your reply . Best Regards

Last edited:
byf44

hello

I have the privilege of a private collector and not of egun. I've seen this with the fuse before in any book. If I'm not mistaken even in "War Model 1" or LAW.
But is already the 2 mauser on which I see such a backup with the milling on the fuse. And the I is from block I and nothing more.
The stamp on the barrel "E" is the same as on the other byf44. The WR stamp is just like the other on the front socket of the fuse and even on the bottom of the shutter housing ...
As soon as I can I will take a few pictures.
:laugh:

Last edited:
hello

I have the privilege of a private collector and not of egun. I've seen this with the fuse before in any book. If I'm not mistaken even in "War Model 1" or LAW.
But is already the 2 mauser on which I see such a backup with the milling on the fuse. And the I is from block I and nothing more.
The stamp on the barrel "E" is the same as on the other byf44. The WR stamp is just like the other on the front socket of the fuse and even on the bottom of the shutter housing ...
As soon as I can I will take a few pictures.
:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: REEEEEEEALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!

I still say the Bolt Numbering is suspect/fake . I look forward to seeing DETAILED photos of Your HT . !!!!!!

Last edited:

regards

View attachment 185860

View attachment 185861

View attachment 185862

View attachment 185863

View attachment 185864

It is a nice looking rifle, but not originally a sniper. These rifles take years of looking to see subtle differences. It is the unfortunate truth here that someone has made this one post war. Just how it looks from your photos. I don’t like the safety, WR proof on base, I proof, or WaA 135 on sniper specific areas. Better photos might help, but I doubt it. I hope you did not pay a lot of money for it. It is worth the sum of its parts now probably. Also, I hope you understand and can return this for a refund. This rifle is not even a close comparison to the rifle in the original post in my opinion.

Last edited:
If forgers go to such lengths to pass off fakes as genuine why would they forget about obvious milling marks on the safety which gives the game instantly away?

If forgers go to such lengths to pass off fakes as genuine why would they forget about obvious milling marks on the safety which gives the game instantly away?

Thanks for the hint. That is how I see it too. Even the red extractor is for many a feature of a fake. Although that is a nonsense. So why would a counterfeiter just leave those parts like this?

Because forgers are just out to make a profit at your expense and are not knowledgeable WWII German Sniper collectors. This rifle has more problems than just the safety. It’s not even a good fake. Best of luck.

Thanks for the hint. That is how I see it too. Even the red extractor is for many a feature of a fake. Although that is a nonsense. So why would a counterfeiter just leave those parts like this?

By thanks for the hint does that mean you are the guy who made this rifle?

By thanks for the hint does that mean you are the guy who made this rifle?

What should this absolutely false assumption ??

I have this gun from an Austrian collector. The collector has a neighbor whom they can only dream about. A descendant of a very famous German sniper. Also this knows himself well with sniper rifles from the 2 world war. I think they are just jealous that my gut is well preserved while their pretty rusty.
To accuse someone of something you do not know is very rude.

Thank you for your reply !

Because forgers are just out to make a profit at your expense and are not knowledgeable WWII German Sniper collectors. This rifle has more problems than just the safety. It’s not even a good fake. Best of luck.

I have joined this site to ask perfectly reasonable questions from a novice starter perspective such as I

What should this absolutely false assumption ??

I have this gun from an Austrian collector. The collector has a neighbor whom they can only dream about. A descendant of a very famous German sniper. Also this knows himself well with sniper rifles from the 2 world war. I think they are just jealous that my gut is well preserved while their pretty rusty.
To accuse someone of something you do not know is very rude.

Thank you for your reply !

Jeolousy , that has nothing to do with it . You showed your rifle and it has obvious red flags . You got your rifle from a collector ok , that in itself does not make Your rifle legitimate . No one is being rude just pointing out the facts !!!! Your explanation about block being stamped on the tang of the receiver is also ridiculous . The Suffix/Letter Block was struck/stamped on Receiver & Barrel , NOT the Tang .

Many of the Fakers who build these Sniper Rifles always get something wrong when building , like the machining on the safety of your HT or the bolt numbers .

I say let the Rifle speak for itself , Post detailed Pics of the Complete Rifle showing all Serial Numbers on Scope , Mounts , Bases , Bands , Trigger Guard , Sides of Receiver and all Bolt Parts .

Last edited:
Jeolousy , that has nothing to do with it . You showed your rifle and it has obvious red flags . You got your rifle from a collector ok , that in itself does not make Your rifle legitimate . No one is being rude just pointing out the facts !!!! Your explanation about block being stamped on the tang of the receiver is also ridiculous . The Suffix/Letter Block was struck/stamped on Receiver & Barrel , NOT the Tang .

Many of the Fakers who build these Sniper Rifles always get something wrong when building , like the machining on the safety of your HT or the bolt numbers .

I say let the Rifle speak for itself , Post detailed Pics of the Complete Rifle showing all Serial Numbers on Scope , Mounts , Bases , Bands , Trigger Guard , Sides of Receiver and all Bolt Parts .

Just think about all the questionable stuff that came out of Geoffrey Sturgess' collection. He was a renowned collector and still fell for a lot of humped, faked and post-war "WW2" items.

Just think about all the questionable stuff that came out of Geoffrey Sturgess' collection. He was a renowned collector and still fell for a lot of humped, faked and post-war "WW2" items.

I agree 100% . So much new info at the speed of internet now can help stop this , but only if people would study and vet before buying something .

Right!
We are not at GB-forums here and not talking about any "Shooterike" rifle.
Thanks

It is a nice looking rifle, but not originally a sniper. These rifles take years of looking to see subtle differences. It is the unfortunate truth here that someone has made this one post war. Just how it looks from your photos. I don’t like the safety, WR proof on base, I proof, or WaA 135 on sniper specific areas. Better photos might help, but I doubt it. I hope you did not pay a lot of money for it. It is worth the sum of its parts now probably. Also, I hope you understand and can return this for a refund. This rifle is not even a close comparison to the rifle in the original post in my opinion.

So I look again in the book war model 1. I have a WR stamp on the bottom of the case. You also ?

Furthermore, I have also found a photo where no H stamped in the front mounting base.

Also, I found a photo in the R.LAW of a double claw with a similarly fluted fuse like mine.

So everything fake ??
I do not think so, just because stamp like me the big i in the shutter was not seen. ...

soo ....

good evening

Military Rifle Journal
Back