Third Party Press

1939 jp sauer

Volks

I have a question regarding this 1939 JP SAUER.
Can anyone tell me why there is no markings on the barrel receiver end like on reference picture below? Is it true that there a two types in that Year where Some had no markings on receiver? This one has markings and is apparently all matching.

Alan
59002d525974b5f984f8ad1575ae6e35.jpg
1ea97db7e302efd565d7a859ae297fc2.jpg
eafe76d0c013d684a24036de3562d81b.jpg
9c448bf8ab1a9ac84df7642340d83d4d.jpg
ae0514318dccecfe92812363c05cef7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the barrel in the picture is an armorer spare barrel that replaced the original barrel....note the 0,2 on the barrel shank, this indicates replacementry barrel....

And remember, just because something is pictured in Backbone doesn't mean they are all like that. The data sheets are notoriously wrong...so never assume a rifle is wrong because it doesn't match the data sheets.

..just because something is pictured in Backbone doesn't mean they are all like that.

Great point! Reminds me of one of our favorite old coots using some 60 year old photos to 'authenticate' his rifle. The data sheets and trend work in the bible are both extensive and pretty encompassing. I doubt you could ever capture every possible combo but they did excellent work.

Because the barrel in the picture is an armorer spare barrel that replaced the original barrel....note the 0,2 on the barrel shank, this indicates replacementry barrel....

And remember, just because something is pictured in Backbone doesn't mean they are all like that. The data sheets are notoriously wrong...so never assume a rifle is wrong because it doesn't match the data sheets.

That's correct!

@Volks
The barrel of your rifle has also markings, they are just hidden under the woodline.

One more question. What would this rifle be actually worth if it was to be for sale?

One more question. What would this rifle be actually worth if it was to be for sale?

Meh, prices in Oz are a lot different than prices here...Vulch could probably give you the best what its worth.... @vulch

If it's original, unFu@!#d with and all matching anywhere between $2-3 K down here. Having said that, you have to find someone who is knowledgeable enough to know and appreciate what they're looking at as well as the coin to part with.

List this on usedguns and wait for the calls/emails with stupid statements like "they're selling them at a gun shop in Perth for $750; why so expensive?" to roll in.

Military Rifle Journal
Back