Third Party Press

50s Yugo Surplus 8mm.

Good stuff but you'll likely need a Wolff 22 or 24 lb. replacement striker spring. The primers are hard and with my two 98k shooters and the old springs I'd get ignition failure on the first strike about 5-15% of the time. 100% ignition with a 24 lb spring, but a heavier trigger pull.

My Mauser loves this stuff. It shoots poa with it, not so
With the ppu as it shoots about 5inches low.

I had a sealed case of this (dated 1954). I was shooting it in my 98k and a case head ruptured. Handled the gas well and I was wearing safety glasses. I assumed it was a one off failure and used it in my G43. Case head ruptured and blew the bolt carrier off its tracks. Didn't do permanent damage to the rifle, but was enough make me look carefully at the ammo. I found several rounds with cracks in the case head. I would not use this ammo and I believe there are others who will back up these failures with the 50's ammo. The good rounds did shoot well and it was cheap. I also enjoyed opening the sealed case! Take care.

This stuff has been sure fire in my unissued Yugo M48A. Have not yet had a case separation. Inspection of fired cases shows no corrosion, interior or exterior.

Yugo 8MM

Used a bunch of the Yugo some years back in MG42. Fine ammo, worked good with no problems except all the primers were recessed somewhat. Had to shim the
firing pin in the 42 for 100% firing. Never a split case or anything like that. Might have been different Yugo than currently offered though.
Pete

I e shot quite a bunch of this stuff. Yes the printers are hard and it’s corrosive, but I’ve had pretty decent accuracy with it and very few duds.

Military Rifle Journal
Back