Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ "SS" anti-tank rifle.

Default CZ "SS" anti-tank rifle.

Ran across this, It is a CZ made anti-tank rifle made for the "SS", check out the markings at time stamp 6:06. M.SS 41. and a "SS" inspection stamp.

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMPKywiuQtQ

IMO this is one of the projects (among other ridiculous things) that caused the OKH to prohibit the SS from developing it's own weapon systems. The OKH felt (rightfully so) that valuable resources were wasted on a weapon system that was outdated before it was finished, and supposedly 2000 were made. If I read correctly, the Czech engineers all felt it was a waste of time as well, but continued with the development for that very reason. Anyway, thanks for posting, it is a cool design. When researching, I found a lot of documents regarding this thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

You know, this is a good time/place to post the documents, maybe people will find them interesting. My goal in researching it was to determine what depot these were sent to for inspection, aka if I could find a document saying where they were going for inspection by the SS it could tell me where the SSZZA2 depot was for sure, but I didn't actually find any documents to that effect.

More documents regarding this weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    IMO this is one of the projects (among other ridiculous things) that caused the OKH to prohibit the SS from developing it's own weapon systems. The OKH felt (rightfully so) that valuable resources were wasted on a weapon system that was outdated before it was finished, and supposedly 2000 were made. If I read correctly, the Czech engineers all felt it was a waste of time as well, but continued with the development for that very reason. Anyway, thanks for posting, it is a cool design. When researching, I found a lot of documents regarding this thing.
    I noticed that as well... SSzza2 obvious Czech connection and Now knowing SS double claws bare that stamp with Czech optics.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    I noticed that as well... SSzza2 obvious Czech connection and Now knowing SS double claws bare that stamp with Czech optics.
    But you canít just make that direct connection of sszza2 with Czech made stuff. There are SS K98k rifles with no scopes marked sszza2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The M41 is the coolest AT rifle EVVVUUHHH! Except for maybe the Solothurn S18/1000.....but the edge goes to the M41 I think....

It might have been way overcomplicated, and obsolete essentially, but still just a total bad ass piece of weaponry!

mrfarb is spot on. The Germans wasted so much time and money with lots of "cool" projects. Too many types of weapons. Too many models. The Soviets built 20,000 plus T34s, nothing fancy. We mostly built Shermans. The Germans desire for the best and newest gear was, in the end, not the best strategy.

That is cool, stupid waist of resources, but cool.

Thanks for sharing it, certainly a interesting project.b.r.Andy