Third Party Press

bym41 with reserialed Coppel 1939 scabbard.

AndyB

Hello Friends, on last Wienna show i could win a interesting reserialed piece, a bym41 reserialed with a Coppel 39 scabbard, the lower series number was used for serialing and not the primarily serial number of upper row, which is typical for Ferlach production, the old numbers were XX out and new one 189 added on scabbard. b.r.Andy

Attachments

• bym41snrewa.jpg
    bym41snrewa.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 53
bym

Nice find Andy, I have yet to find one of those elusive bayonets. How's pricing for that stuff in europe these days?

My price was 90€ a good one for Ferlach even missmatch and reserialed.Note the high degree of polished blade already in 1941, large % of blueing remained on
blade, the scabbard is light rusted, upper part was with frog, but there was not present already.b.r.Andy

Attachments

• bym41rework.jpg
    bym41rework.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 19
Very nice bayonet, Andy. The early Ferlach examples are nicely polished and blued. It is interesting to note the armorer renumbered the replacement scabbard to match using the production block number (189). I imagine he was even confused by the dual numbering system found on Ferlach production! My bym41 is also mismatched. Serial number on bayonet is 55694 & 55681 on scabbard. The production block is 279. Your '41 must be of early production for that year and my example late. With 200 units per production block and 90 blocks between our two bayonets, the total would approximate 18000+ units for 1941.

(amended 9/18/1300)

Last edited:
Hello thanks for nice words, the series ammount was only 200, so the 90 blocks means only 18000 differences as my piece was numbered 37608 but xx out. The production with second row serialing ended on 100000/500. The production of Ferlach 1941 was estimated by me for 32000 pcs.b.r.Andy
PS depot is this certainly not as there is remains of rust outside of frog area, same as well light rust on area of pommel and the blade has spring runing spures,mainly near tip.Press button is wout blueing.

Last edited:
Hello thanks for nice words, the series ammount was only 200, so the 90 blocks means only 18000 differences as my piece was numbered 37608 but xx out. The production with second row serialing ended on 100000/500. The production of Ferlach 1941 was estimated by me for 32000 pcs.b.r.Andy
PS depot is this certainly not as there is remains of rust outside of frog area, same as well light rust on area of pommel and the blade has spring runing spures,mainly near tip.Press button is w/out blueing.

Dang! Guess I had another "Senior Moment" with the numbering scheme and added the extra zero. You are right and I will change my post to reflect this careless error!!!

Military Rifle Journal
Back