Third Party Press

Showing off your rifles

Tiger 2 Tank

Hello,
Thanks for looking at this and help that you can provide.

One day I’d love to show off my 41, 43’s and 98’s. But I have no idea how to display rifles appropriately. How do you display them? Just needing ideas and photos if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Wow! Now that is one impressive collection you have there pzjgr. Congrats and thanks for showing.

113c4021e890b049ead1d734c51b45ef.jpg
Best I have on my phone! Missing my modest 98k grouping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't worry about getting robbed?? I live in a good neighborhood and have an excellent alarm system but there is no way I could bring myself to leave my collection out in the open like that.

You don't worry about getting robbed?? I live in a good neighborhood and have an excellent alarm system but there is no way I could bring myself to leave my collection out in the open like that.

It's secured very well....but lets face it, if someone wants into anything, they can get in somehow...a 4'x4' vault, or a 20'x20' vault....about the same...I enjoy being amongst it!

That is the crux of displaying firearms. You really need a purpose built room for a proper display. Also my biggest worry is fire protection.

BUT at the end of the day, it kills me to have all these rifles tucked away in a safe. I enjoy looking at my collection and entirely understand displaying. I am working on a purpose built room for this exact reason.

Also: my friends house was recently broken into and really has me rethinking security. But you are right, if someone wants into a house they are going to get into the house. You just have to attempt to delay them as much as possible!

This is a section of shelving in "the bunker" as my friends and I have come to know it. I borrowed the idea and reversed engineered a buddies gun room/shelving. Purposed room, hidden book shelf door and ~80-100 rifles on display. Pictured are a bunch of G/K43's with original but non-matching mounts, Italian Semi Mod 39, Un-Touched Brazilian 1935, Kar 88 and a bit of an Gew 88.

Eventually I will get better pics...but the floor of the room is covered in rifle crates 3x deep. Sadly I got in the habit of collecting surplus rifles by the crate (SKS, Mosin's, SVT40's, K98's etc). I made one wall with 4x shelving units that each hold ~20 rifles on display and then underneath each unit I have a full Mosin Nagant Crate. There is also some room in front of the rifles to display bayonets, small accoutrements etc. None of my crates are filled as received, but instead I selected the rifles and filled the crates. For example, 1x crate is filled with 10x PU snipers, another crate all Finn Mosins, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 216
This is a section of shelving in "the bunker" as my friends and I have come to know it. I borrowed the idea and reversed engineered a buddies gun room/shelving. Purposed room, hidden book shelf door and ~80-100 rifles on display. Pictured are a bunch of G/K43's with original but non-matching mounts, Italian Semi Mod 39, Un-Touched Brazilian 1935, Kar 88 and a bit of an Gew 88.

Eventually I will get better pics...but the floor of the room is covered in rifle crates 3x deep. Sadly I got in the habit of collecting surplus rifles by the crate (SKS, Mosin's, SVT40's, K98's etc). I made one wall with 4x shelving units that each hold ~20 rifles on display and then underneath each unit I have a full Mosin Nagant Crate. There is also some room in front of the rifles to display bayonets, small accoutrements etc. None of my crates are filled as received, but instead I selected the rifles and filled the crates. For example, 1x crate is filled with 10x PU snipers, another crate all Finn Mosins, etc.

Awesome collection. Regarding the 43s and original mounts; with current original mount prices I have a hard time justifying buying an original mount when I can get a nice matching G43 rifle for the same money as an original mounts. I can dream of finding a bargain on an original mount though. Again, awesome collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great show and good subject OP. I don't have a gun room with made shelves maybe one day. My collection is inside the safe (s).

My collection at it's height...has since dwindled to 11...all 10 WW2 makes plus a Depot XII. Strictly K98 or derivatives...not shown were a Gew88, 88/05, 88/15, and my qve45 K43.

t

Attachments

• IMG_2683.jpg
    IMG_2683.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Gun Rooms

This picture is from the old gun room number 1 in Prescott. I had three rooms of this mess in that building. The new gun building/room is 1600 square feet and my plans were to finally "get organized". Nearly 2 years after moving, and I still have not made much progress. :facepalm: JH

Attachments

• gun stuff 002.jpg
    gun stuff 002.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 195
Cool displays guys! My thoughts; unless it’s a steel reinforced concrete room any stand alone gunsafe is just a convenient way to remove all your guns at once with a 1 ton and a chain straight through a wall, I’ve seen it before :laugh:

You almost had enough to fit them in a 20x RC K98 crate!!!! But you still have enough to fit a 10x Yugo Crate.

My collection at it's height...has since dwindled to 11...all 10 WW2 makes plus a Depot XII. Strictly K98 or derivatives...not shown were a Gew88, 88/05, 88/15, and my qve45 K43.

t

Here is a picture of construction, prior to finishing it with trim and felt. I put the sub floor down as I set my crates on dollies so I can roll them around with ease. May give some members an idea for construction.

Any gunroom or safe can be broken into and yes it has happened.

Attachments

• IMG_6348.jpg
    IMG_6348.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 155

Military Rifle Journal
Back