Third Party Press

Deaths head k98

Fordlife

Hey guys, im new here, ive never posted before and am
Interested in a "deaths head" kar98 i have found. I have one mauser i bought a while back and i fell in love with it and decided id like to start collecting them. The rifle i found has a large deaths head stamp on the stock and it scares me because i havent seen that before. It also has stamped on top waffenfabrik mauser A-G (if im reading it correctly) oberndorf 1916. It has a scratched up black finish and smaller deaths head marks all over it. It also has matching numbers. What should i be looking for and did any red flags go up for you guys? Thank you so much.

What you mention already raises red flags!! Can you get us pictures??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like an SS Gew conversion, these are a minefield, widely faked, so no one will really be able to tell you anything without pics, but a BIG Totenkopf on the stock doesn't sound promising, usually they are pretty small...

Try and get some pics...

... but a BIG Totenkopf on the stock doesn't sound promising, ...

It sounds more like "Dragom" a.k.a. Drago Kustom Rifles a.k.a "Deutsche Scheisse Manufaktur" Schiller Park, home of the Tittiegirl. Pictures needed (of the rifle, not Tittiegirl; I already have those).

Holy crap, that is the fakest fake i've ever seen...someone was getting paid per Totenknopf stamp on that one....

Don't even consider it OP, it's crap...

Steered a collector friend from this goodntoten... I think even the keeper screws have skulls. A fabulous alles gut Gew 98 SS conversion was just posted last week, this example aint even close!

Good to know! Yeah, i thought something was off. Ive never seen totenkoph that big before and i know they are faked alot. What do you guys look for in an authentic one usually? Thank you for all your help by the way.

SS Gew 98 conversions are some of the hardest K98ks to authenticate and have some of the highest levels of forgeries. Same go for single runes and snipers. Honestly, it's a case by case basis and lots of pictures are needed.

Is there any books or anything you would reccomend about kar98s? I know the m1 garand has a guide to determine dates of maufacture and such. Is there anything like that? How did you all get to be so knowledgeable? lol

Really? Man, you are a noob!

:happy0180:

Yeah, the owners of this site wrote a 4 volume set (well, 3 volume but volume 2 was so big it had to be split into 2a and 2b!).

It is the end all, be all of books on the 98k, and likely will never be improved upon. The whole set won't be cheap, but so worth every penny...

On my phone so can't link to site, but look up Third Party Press...

Is there any books or anything you would reccomend about kar98s? I know the m1 garand has a guide to determine dates of maufacture and such. Is there anything like that? How did you all get to be so knowledgeable? lol

Really? Man, you are a noob!

:happy0180:

Yeah, the owners of this site wrote a 4 volume set (well, 3 volume but volume 2 was so big it had to be split into 2a and 2b!).

It is the end all, be all of books on the 98k, and likely will never be improved upon. The whole set won't be cheap, but so worth every penny...

On my phone so can't link to site, but look up Third Party Press...

I got you, fam.

http://www.thirdpartypress.com/

Most comprehensive book set regarding the K98k. Even covers some SS Gew 98 to K98k conversions in Volume 1. A must have if you're a collector. Don't waste your time with Backbone.

This is a good one lol, so the barrel was cut in Spain after 1945, then an Israeli barrel band also time traveled and ended up in the hands of the SS. Quite incredible really, a beautiful canvas of excess, I think I’ll bid.

This is a good one lol, so the barrel was cut in Spain after 1945, then an Israeli barrel band also time traveled and ended up in the hands of the SS. Quite incredible really, a beautiful canvas of excess, I think I’ll bid.

You’re not gettin’ this one away from ME!! I’ve been looking for a single-rune floorplate variant for FORTY YEARS!!! Not to mention the ultra-rare Israeli SS bands.
1ec5bd9b75f8356ae49fb231c5653207.png
f29706e45ab52bd9d3b934d949babede.png
0f884c7fca765648983a6c415b54266c.png

It’s not THIS bad, but in quantity of defs-heds it’s better.
b147c522b29178c8dcfc18686c2855d1.jpg

Oh man it's got a death's-head inside another death's-head! What could it mean! I'm thinking something very top secret!

Military Rifle Journal
Back