Third Party Press

Interesting 22

WreckTangle

Mad Dog 20/20 Connoisseur (RIP Brother 06-05-203)
Was browsing the net and saw this and it perked my interest. I've never seen anything like this. Looks like it might have BUG proofs, not sure though it is kinda blurry. Beyond the pictures I have no further information. Anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 73
Thats an "Grothe-Meffert" Rilfe. The idea for this rifle comes from Eduard Grothe, Gunsmith in Stendal/Germany before WW2.
The rifle was made by the wellknown Firm Immanuel Meffert in Suhl Thuringia, two calibers were avaible: .22 lfB and 5,6x35R "Vierling".
The gun could be used with open sight, an "Diopter" was also avaible.

1923 add:
33875974au.jpg

The rifle is very rare and not often seen. I have done some research about it and wrote an article for the german gun mag "Visier" about it.

Here is an pic of the optional peep sight:

33876014zt.jpg

Does your rifle has an number on the underside of the breech block?

Last edited:
Not sure if there are any numbers under the breech block. The images I posted were the only images the auctioneer posted for the preview images. The auction is an "in-person" auction and is not online.

How did you load the rifles and what are the double triggers for?

In german it is an "sliding breech block", to open the block you have to push the button on the back of the block down and then slide the block back.

33914090wq.jpg

It is an double set trigger, typical for sporting and hunting rifles at this time. (

Was browsing the net and saw this and it perked my interest. I've never seen anything like this. Looks like it might have BUG proofs, not sure though it is kinda blurry. Beyond the pictures I have no further information. Anyone know what this is?
I have a beautiful one of these rifles with serial number 87... I wish I knew the year it was made or the value

Military Rifle Journal
Back