Third Party Press

a block German High Power

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
Picked this up this past week. Very high conditon, the few scratches it has seem to be from storage not use. Bluing is very high front grip remains just about as new. Came with a blued letter inspected mag. Grips are untouched and show quite differing colour and grain. waa140 parts. Not much else to say.

DSC_0507.jpgDSC_0577.jpgDSC_0514.jpgDSC_0520.jpgDSC_0524.jpgDSC_0519.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice a block Andrew :thumbsup: For some reason I find the bluing on many a blocks to not be the best, thin, mottled sometimes. Yours shows a little of this and some honest use, but still a nice collector condition. Congrats.

Nice honest a block. Was there any rust under the grips at the edges, which I have found a couple times. Also, is there any paint on the back of the grips, I guess no. I think that was stopped pretty early and was not the best idea IMO. Congratulations.

Nice honest a block. Was there any rust under the grips at the edges, which I have found a couple times. Also, is there any paint on the back of the grips, I guess no. I think that was stopped pretty early and was not the best idea IMO. Congratulations.

The orange/red paint on the backs of the grips purportedly stopped in the WaA103 inspected pistols. The rust prevention utility of the paint is ID'd in your post and the fact that it was started immediately again after the Germans were booted out of FN. The color on postwar grips is a little different. I've seen original pistols in the WaA613 through WaA140 production with original grips where one was painted and one was not. FN originally (and literally) used a "basket" system for parts so there can be some variation in these based upon where in the basket the parts were grabbed from.

These photos really don't do it justice, the bluing looks WAY better in hand! :thumbsup:

-Steve

This one nor my late e/103 have the primer or paint in the grips.

This photo may show the quality of finish better.

My only High Power is also in the "a" block. Produced a little after yours. As Hambone stated about these it has a mottled finish.

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_5179_L.JPG
    IMG_5179_L.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5185 (L.JPG
    IMG_5185 (L.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5188_L.JPG
    IMG_5188_L.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5190_L.JPG