Third Party Press
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mauser questions: 1939 bring back

Default Mauser questions: 1939 bring back

todd 015.jpgtodd 017.jpgtodd 018.jpgtodd 001.jpgtodd 002.jpgtodd 003.jpgtodd 004.jpgtodd 005.jpgtodd 008.jpgtodd 009.jpgtodd 010.jpgtodd 013.jpgIMG_2214.jpgIMG_2215.jpgIMG_2216.jpgIMG_2217.jpgIMG_2218.jpgIMG_2220.jpgIMG_2227.jpgHello folks, glad to have found this board.
    I have a mauser rifle that my great great uncle brought back himself from the war. I will post pics this evening. It is very nice condition and every number on the gun matches. It is stamped 1939 and just above that it is stamped 337. I see proof mark symbol in many places. I can't find anything that resembles a s/n or model. Maybe i'm looking over it without knowing. original strap and front sight cover. I'm very curious what my gun would bring at auction. I have investigated the normal routes but find a huge margin of value for them so thought I'd ask you experts Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by suzukiracer6; 10-20-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: added images of matching numbers

Default cant wait to see it..

337 code is gustloff werke. 1939 is the year it was made. The serial # should be on the barrel and receiver on the left side next to the eagle holding the swaztica. All the little proofs are acceptance stamps for each part. These early guns are heavily proofed. Price is subjective to condition and if all the parts match. Please post the best photos you can for a proper evaluation.. Oh, the model is on the side as well.. It just says Mod 98..
    Last edited by mauser99; 10-19-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    Oh, the model is on the side as well.. It just says Mod 98..
    I don't think the 337/1940s have the markings on the side rail. If this is a 337/1939, I would expect that it would lack the "Mod.98" as well.

Please post pictures!

Default you are correct..

I thought of that after I posted it.. I know steyr in 39/40 had some blank side rail guns maybe gustloff did as well.. I havent seen one in quite some time.

Default that's a relief

haha I've been looking everywhere! I'll take some photos of it in a little bit. just got home finally. thanks guys.

Default added pics

ok guys I added pics by editing my post. probably should have just put them here instead so here's one more lol..IMG_2221.jpg

beautiful.... more than 2K+ IMO

email => K98@bobinohio.com

Pics are too small to see much detail, but it certainly has the "look". If you do some larger pics of all the major parts with numbers, you could get a more definite answer.

If all the parts match and the wood is unsanded, easily 2K+.

Default that certainly brightens my day

I will attempt to do some better pics. I tried to get in close and get the numbers etc.. my camera was just being hateful about that idea. maybe my phone camera will do it better lol. I will try. And thanks for your time helping me figure this out. I kinda thought that's what i'd hear, but I am a real amateur with these guns and could only go on what I was reading. which as you well know led me from 75 bucks to 4000 bucks haha. I was lost.

Default too bad

the pic's are crappy.. Try again. It takes practice. You might be better off using a photo site then just posting the link. But, what it shows if all matching and pictured well a rifle that could sell for far more than expected. I would go to bat at 3k easy. 337 39's are quite scarce.. Also try the macro/flower setting on the camera for close ups. Overalls show us nothing other than its a k98. so far so good. you struck pay dirt !!!