Third Party Press

Svt38

agentcq

I luckily snagged this guy yesterday - SVT38 Tula 1939 dated. The pics are from the seller and I will need to get a closer look at it once it arrives in 1-2 weeks, but I have been on the hunt for one of these for at least 8x years. I am pretty sure that this is one of a pair that came up for sale/trade up in Canada back in 2010. Seeing that back in 2010, I could have purchased 4x SVT40's for the price of 1x SVT38, I decided to pick up 4x SVT40's back in the day. Funny enough SVT40's over the last 8x years in Canada have had a 2.4-3x inflation rate and I ended up paying almost the same rate of inflation on the SVT38.

Interesting as it doesn't appear to be a Finn Capture - More to Follow....but super excited as far as scarce and rare rifles that I have snagged this year (SVT38, T-Gewehr, and Italian Mod39 Semi-Auto).

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 82
Nice snag, they are super scarce....

My buddy who is a dealer in NY bought one once, he thought it was just an SVT-40, I saw it and was like, dude, that's not a 40, its an SVT-38....good thing I noticed, he got beau coup money for it, he was going to throw it out on the table for SVT-40 money...I told him to put it on GB...

If you see that side mounted cleaning rod, you know you hit the jackpot...

Can't wait to see better pics!

Nice!! Great score for sure. Looking forward to more photos of it once it arrives.

And yeah, your Italian Model 1939 is super cool...!

Kyle, it's not from the small batch you think. This rifle was found at small GS in Ontario in Dec of 2015. I passed on her because of stock issues and she was for sale for about 2 years until seller bought it. Nice rifle but that kind of issues are dealbreaker for me.
Here's are pictures I took back then - https://postimg.cc/gallery/31bhonepe/

Military Rifle Journal
Back