Third Party Press

Early SS contract

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
This isnt as nice as the stuff I usually buy, but the import doors are closed for now, and this was in Canada. Its matching, unsanded and quite early for SS contract rifles with an "at" barrel code. Numbered parts are; receiver, stock and handguard in the channel, sight base, sight leaf, triggerguard, bolt body, and safety. Nice clear e/623 at the wrist. It has an oddly repaired dufflecut, but again, it was here so I cant fault it too hard. The metal below the wood is in excellent condition, but above the wood, all the metal is pretty worn. Receiver is basically shades of grey, with some bits of bluing remaining. Same with TG/FP and bands. Still glad to have gotten an SS contract.

Attachments

• DSC_0626.jpg
    DSC_0626.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_0622.jpg
    DSC_0622.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0631.jpg
    DSC_0631.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0634.jpg
    DSC_0634.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0628.jpg
    DSC_0628.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0621.jpg
    DSC_0621.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_0618.jpg
    DSC_0618.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0616.jpg
    DSC_0616.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_0611.jpg
    DSC_0611.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0609.jpg
    DSC_0609.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0605.jpg
    DSC_0605.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0604.jpg
    DSC_0604.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0615.jpg
    DSC_0615.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_0613.jpg
    DSC_0613.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 92
This isnt as nice as the stuff I usually buy, but the import doors are closed for now, and this was in Canada. Its matching, unsanded and quite early for SS contract rifles with an "at" barrel code. Numbered parts are; receiver, stock and handguard in the channel, sight base, sight leaf, triggerguard, bolt body, and safety. Nice clear e/623 at the wrist. It has an oddly repaired dufflecut, but again, it was here so I cant fault it too hard. The metal below the wood is in excellent condition, but above the wood, all the metal is pretty worn. Receiver is basically shades of grey, with some bits of bluing remaining. Same with TG/FP and bands. Still glad to have gotten an SS contract.

I don't know why you're making excuses Andrew, it's a nice honest "carried" rifle. I'd be happy to own it. Can you post a photo of the duffle cut.

Last edited:
Under the band ? It just looks like a cut. But beside the rear band you can see a couple dowels. I left the extra pics on my PC. I’ll add some eventually.

I like it. IMO a few days sooner in production and it would have been a rune rifle.

I would have bought that in a heartbeat. Looks like a great rifle! Very similar characteristics to my runed rifle.

Agree with the above comments, a very nice rifle !!!!!!

As to the "import doors closed", its for your own good. Keeps these types of rifles from being brought in for gang related drive-bys. I'm from Chicago, so I know it's true..........

Thanks guys. It actually looks a little better in the photos. If you have it in bright light it looks worse lol.
But I’m still happy to have it.

Damn those few days Farb.

Nice rifle. I personally like combat carried looking rifles more then the minty ones. I like the character that they have. Thanks for posting!

Yeah I don’t mind a carries gun. I just typically tie the line of condition with some usage. But I’ll gave be less picky now.

Agree with the above comments, a very nice rifle !!!!!!

As to the "import doors closed", its for your own good. Keeps these types of rifles from being brought in for gang related drive-bys. I'm from Chicago, so I know it's true..........
Yeah those drive-bys with WWII bolt action rifles are too plentiful to discount as not a threat.

Yeah, great rifle. I wish there were more contracts up here.

I could live with that dc, especially nowadays.

I like it too. As others said, the condition doesn't bother me either. Nice score.

Military Rifle Journal
Back