Third Party Press

K98 SVW MB All Matching (no import marks or "STAR"

vafred

I just purchased a K98 Kriegsmodell and was hoping for some additional information. I have pictures, but I am not sure if I'm allowed to post them yet. It's untouched and appears to correct. The serial number is 17311 C. and has the false cleaning rod. I was wondering if I paid too much. The bore is excellent and no cracks in the stock...I would rate the finish close to 98%....Just my opinion.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Steve20181009_151832.jpg20181009_154227.jpg20181009_152009.jpg

No final proof on top and the French/post war stacking rod indicates French assembly post war . These are covered in the kriegsmodell book. There are a few variations....what'd you pay for it?

No final proof on top and the French/post war stacking rod indicates French assembly post war . These are covered in the kriegsmodell book. There are a few variations....what'd you pay for it?[/QUOTE

I paid $1,200....I am a little disappointed it's French...I thank you for your time and knowledge. What I have read indicated towards the end of the "C" code they were not sure where the German ended and the French began...

Last edited:
K98 SVW MB All Matching (no import marks or "STAR"

Probably German assembled but captured unfinished and then finished by the French. The fake cleaning rod is French, I’d bet the stock has the cutout on the left side which is also French. These are actually reworks, when they were finished by the French they looked “German” but many were reworked and refinished later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably German assembled but captured unfinished and then finished by the French. The fake cleaning rod is French, I’d bet the stock has the cutout on the left side which is also French. These are actually reworks, when they were finished by the French they looked “German” but many were reworked and refinished later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does not have a cut out....no provision for that type sling. What would you say the value is...?

Send some clearer photos of the rifle, namely receiver, barrel code, and any other markings you can find.

20181010_163151.jpg20181010_163106.jpg20181010_162928.jpg

Additional pictures....If it was completed later wouldn't if have the "Star"? This is true Kriegsmodell stock...no cut for a spring..As far as the serial number goes isn't close to the last ones made during the war? I value all opinions and seek to learn as much as I can.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Probably German assembled but captured unfinished and then finished by the French. The fake cleaning rod is French

A few thousand too late to be correct, yes? Blue not phosphate as expected. OP what's the bolt serial? I'm betting it's 311 c

A few thousand too late to be correct, yes? Blue not phosphate as expected. OP what's the bolt serial? I'm betting it's 311 c

You are correct...it's 311 c....Thank you again for your time...So best guess as to what it's worth. Since it's Post war I will probably sell it...

Thanks again!

I'd defer to Mike on whether it's technically 'post-war' since it was probably virtually complete when the factory was captured. Thinking probably yes but I'll defer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back