Third Party Press

Hello from South Carolina!

Hello all,

Wanted to join and say hello. I've been bitten by the bug and desperately reading up on Mausers. It's stressful to be in a real completely out of my comfort zone yet every piece of useful info or link I come across excites me. I know my rifle is out there somewhere. I am very much into AKs and SKSs. Just recently dabbled into the Egyptian FN-49 in 8mm. What a fantastic round! I have felt some Yugo M48 bolts and holy cow. I want a legit German K98k bad!

Anywho. Thanks for having me. Here are some shots of my past / current rifles...

Arsenal Bulgaria SLR-104FR AKS-74. Russian "Flakey Plum" furniture, Tula Shiney Plum magazine, Tula Rolled / Ribbed Triangle Folding 4.5mm stock, Mustard Sling with Sling Quiet covers. ALG AKT trigger. Shot 7N6 on the regular. Hosed down with the garden hose post range sessions, cleaned with CLP and oiled after. No problems at all. Sold it as like new condition. Immaculate, soft shooting, and a beautiful AKS-74. I miss this rifle and 5.45x39 terribly.

1xzXrPO.jpg

CdV0tfr.jpg

1954 Russian Tula SKS. Still have this one. It is an immaculate version and exactly what I wanted. Such a great shooter. Slight refurb to the bayonet; blued from Arsenal refurb only. No forced matched stock, common BBQ paint, or anything. All numbers matching; stock and everything!

ALCy6AP.jpg

LGpKnw3.jpg

My latest acquisition... a 1988 all Arabic Egyptian Maadi fixed stock AKM build. I sourced the full Arabic Maadi AKM kit and then started buying parts to send to my builder. Childers Guns Receiver, Virgin Romanian barrel, etc. I chose Two Rivers Arms in Oklahoma City, OK. I cannot express how happy I am with the build. Up to date on everything. They were in constant communication, help, etc. Every rivet is perfect, finish is period correct, etc. It is everything I wanted from a pile of demilled parts to an immaculate representation of what this rifle used to be.

DjHGnXy.jpg

DIJSIup.jpg

tYT5FMn.jpg

XNsIJ2t.jpg

63REeHt.jpg

NgqZEkI.jpg

Currently enjoying Schneider Weisse Aventinus Weizenbock. I research / clean my guns while listening to music / time period of country of origin. Would be rad to have a K98k to go along with all of this German beer and old marches! Thanks again. Glad to start reading up.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of guys dabble in ak’s around here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, beauty of a Maadi! I have one, and other AKs as well, really like them. That may be how the bayonet came on that 1954 SKS if it is not reworked. I believe there were some blued bayonets in certain production runs. :happy0180:

Welcome. I agree 8mm is a great battle rifle/MG round. I also got the K98k bug years ago. Some great looking rifles you have there. I'm partial to the Tantal for 5.45x39 fwiw. Hope you enjoy learning about these rifles.

Welcome. I agree 8mm is a great battle rifle/MG round. I also got the K98k bug years ago. Some great looking rifles you have there. I'm partial to the Tantal for 5.45x39 fwiw. Hope you enjoy learning about these rifles.

Yep Tantals are neat! Stepdad has one built by Atlantic Firearms and it is beautiful. Great shooter too. I am enjoying what I'm reading so far. I'm looking forward to our local Gun & Knife show this weekend. Hoping to read up on some more traits and things to look for before then if something happens to be there worth buying. I'm dead set on a K98. Want something to shoot on occasional range trips for my first one.

Well went to our local Gun & Knife show this morning and bought a DOU 44! Before we bought our tickets saw it before the gentlemen check it in to enter. I was looking it over and bought it. 4 people lined up while I was looking to look at it. No RC cross strikes, no peened out stamps, no import marks, all numbers matching except bolt (it however matches itself). Capture screws still in tact. Paid $700 for it. Pictures later this evening.

Military Rifle Journal
Back