Third Party Press

Rg34 Data Sheet

pwcosol

Friends & Fellow Collectors:

It is one thing to own a collection & another to have ready access to a specific item within it. I maintain a unique data card on major items. For less numerous collectibles, such as individual pieces of field gear, an inventory list is adequate. However, with more extensive collections of a particular item, where details are important, I prefer a data sheet for each example. Should I have a question or want to verify something, grabbing the binder and retrieving the appropriate data sheet can provide that information at a glance. Currently my brief accounting of each Rg34 I have is proving inadequate. A friend came up with the attached 8.5 x 11 inch copy (which I have attached in PDF format) of the Rg34 container. I now would like to complete the template with the remaining components. Of course it would be impossible to incorporate every variant of oiler, chain, or HWK into the form. However, a few generic examples of the oilers, HKWs, & chain types could be drawn up. Then when recording the specifics of each component, the generic sketches can be refined by use of a pencil or pen, markings added, and comments recorded in a area for annotation. The finalized template will be available to all, and IMHO, be a very effective way to record the Rg34s in your own collections.

Attachments

• Rg34DataSheet.pdf
    280.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
pwcosol, I think it's a good idea.
For example, I use these.

Antoni

Attachments

• can.jpg
    can.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 28
  • oiler.jpg
    oiler.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 31
pwcosol, I think it's a good idea.
For example, I use these.

Antoni

Antoni: I like the oiler drawing. Can we incorporate this in the template ? If so, I will copy the image, print a copy, and trace it onto the original template. For chains, I figured a generic beaded and twisted-wire pattern would cover them plus a number of patch-end links, so one could just check off the type chain and patch loop. There would be a spot to write in comments such as markings, etc. I have used a left side/right side (almost to scale) line drawing of the US M9 bayonet and AKM/AK74 bayonets to catalog those that I have, to good effect...

Attached is the data collection form I developed which was used to solicit detailed information while conducting research for the book project. I also use this form, minus the contributor information but adding information such as measurements, internal markings of phenolic oil bottles, etc to document the pieces in my collection.

Attachments

• Data Collection Form 1.png
    Data Collection Form 1.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Data Collection Form 2.png
    Data Collection Form 2.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Data Collection Form 3.png
    Data Collection Form 3.png
    69 KB · Views: 23
Attached is the data collection form I developed which was used to solicit detailed information while conducting research for the book project. I also use this form, minus the contributor information but adding information such as measurements, internal markings of phenolic oil bottles, etc to document the pieces in my collection.

Slash, your information sheets are valuable in themselves, as they give a lot of information to collectors about the different varieties that exist, interesting points to look, different pieces found inside and their variants,...

Antoni

Military Rifle Journal
Back