Third Party Press

Capture Gun Collecting

StuGIIIG

I’ve been collecting milsurp for 12 years and my new obsession is German captures and obscure pieces used by the various forces of the Wehrmacht. I’m having a rough time trying to find them however and was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction

Welcome. They turn up here a good bit and there are a number of longtime experienced guys her who collect them specifically, like Pisgah, Pat, etc. This is certainly the right forum for it.

The most common "capture" gun you're going to find are Germanized VZ-24s. The Germans came into a lot of VZs when Czechoslovakia was annexed. I don't know if they count as "captures" since most of them were seized when the Czech army was disbanded and not surrendered/recovered on the battlefield. Dave has a compiled a good amount of info on them on the other page.
http://ww2weaponsforum.com/showthread.php?16439-Germanized-VZ24-Variations
Otherwise, Yugo, Polish, French, and Soviet captures/reworks do come up from time to time.

Another direction to go is post war use by other countries . I ended up with many , found most cheap as they were not " Nazi " anymore . There were a lot of countries that officially used 98 k's after the war .

There are many different variations of Beutewaffen for sure, I have quite a few myself. For many you can find them without any Nazi markings for a decent price, any depot markings raise the price significantly. Non Nazi marked items like Dutch carbines, French rifles, Italian weapons etc. are a great place to start. Look through this forum and you will find different variants - many prewar rifles from occupied countries could possibly have been vet bringbacks and German used.

I’ve been collecting milsurp for 12 years and my new obsession is German captures and obscure pieces used by the various forces of the Wehrmacht. I’m having a rough time trying to find them however and was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction

Welcome,
are you only interested in weapons or equipment al well?
thanks

yes that could be divded between wartime capture and post war capture and re use

I collect East German weapons that includes K-98's, Gew 98's

Military Rifle Journal
Back