Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMG Type I Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smgguns View Post
    Hi Sen24,
    I have no way to verify the Shoie to an original past a kind offer like yours. I have a Shoie stock of course and a trusty set of calipers..... The Shoie is a solid aluminum casting though and is very ass end heavy and probably would add 1/2 to a pound of weight to the rifle. Wouldn't ever break though!

Still hoping to get your help on the manual when we get more parts made to do the detail pictures like on the type II.

Best regards,
    Rick
    Hey Rick, I know this process would also require outside help but what about the same process HK/ SIG use to make some of their slides and frames. The exact name escapes me but it's powdered metal and medium that melts away during the baking process??? Very pleased you're making progress and awaiting my offer email to purchase one...

Quote Originally Posted by smgguns View Post
    Hi Sen24,
    I have no way to verify the Shoie to an original past a kind offer like yours. I have a Shoie stock of course and a trusty set of calipers..... The Shoie is a solid aluminum casting though and is very ass end heavy and probably would add 1/2 to a pound of weight to the rifle. Wouldn't ever break though!

Still hoping to get your help on the manual when we get more parts made to do the detail pictures like on the type II.

Best regards,
    Rick
    I will definitely do the manual again. Id also love to do the fonts and stamps again. I thought they turned out great and the serial numbers looked authentic on your current FG42. I can take a scan of my original type 1 FG42 stamp and serial numbers stamps so we can make a set of accurate dies again if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sen24 View Post
    I will definitely do the manual again. Id also love to do the fonts and stamps again. I thought they turned out great and the serial numbers looked authentic on your current FG42. I can take a scan of my original type 1 FG42 stamp and serial numbers stamps so we can make a set of accurate dies again if you like.
    Great to read this as the Type II manual was excellent!!

That would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by KDF82 View Post
    Great to read this as the Type II manual was excellent!!
    Thank you. It was sort of a labor of love trying to make manual look like the original. Im excited to help out with the new type 1 and hopefully make it even cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Sen24 View Post
    Thank you. It was sort of a labor of love trying to make manual look like the original. Im excited to help out with the new type 1 and hopefully make it even cooler.
    Most excellent...