Third Party Press

GI modified P-38 holster

8x57mauser

At the gun shop I work at we have a big bin we call "the land of misfit holsters" any time we take in an estate or buy guns, we usually end up with a bunch of holsters with no guns to go with them. So we toss them in this big bin and if someone is looking for a cheap used holster for their gun they can just dig through and try to match see something up.

It was quiet today severe weather (turned out to be an EF1 tornado, but this is Massachusetts so we don't know what to drop when those happen) I was digging through the bin looking for a shoulder rig for my Sig P230 and found this P-38 holster.

Appears to be modified by a GI to carry on his web belt. gxy 1944 dated. Overall condition, while worn, is still very solid and stitching is tight. Oh the stories it could tell.

20181023_212645.jpg20181023_212723.jpg20181023_212751.jpg20181023_212940.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!:thumbsup:

Looks like that clip has been on that holster for awhile. Wonder if it was an in theater thing or post war? Either way still a great piece.

Very nice!:thumbsup:

Looks like that clip has been on that holster for awhile. Wonder if it was an in theater thing or post war? Either way still a great piece.

We had an FN1910 come in the shop earlier this year with a similar modification to its holster and that one came with bring back papers.

Military Rifle Journal
Back