Third Party Press

Feasibility of K43 restoration?

JohnnieDavis

Good morning all. I have a lead on a K 43 that would basically amount to a complete barreled action and trigger group with what appears to be an original mag. The only thing I know it will need right now is a new gas block along with a new shooters kit.

I've been looking and cant find gas blocks anywhere, do they still exist? How much should I sink in to the rifle to at least break even, knowing I'll need a new stock and all associated hardware too.

Thanks in advance.

JD

You will sink more into it than you would be able to sell it for but is still a fun yet aggravating process that becomes worth it come range day. Personally for what you are doing I would use a reproduction stock and save a heap and a lot of time finding an original. The other parts are more or less available it just takes a little time. There was a fellow on here that did good by me looking for parts. Titan I think it is?

You will sink more into it than you would be able to sell it for but is still a fun yet aggravating process that becomes worth it come range day. Personally for what you are doing I would use a reproduction stock and save a heap and a lot of time finding an original. The other parts are more or less available it just takes a little time. There was a fellow on here that did good by me looking for parts. Titan I think it is?

His name is Gene, if it's around he'll be able,to get it. PM titan.

Do you have pics? Some of these are just "sporterized" rifles or have been stripped for parts. However, some are were picked up as you described from the factory "GI Captures" and are non-completed rifles and are worth collecting as is or finishing with all original parts.

That was the one I was watching, figuring it would be relatively easy to drill out the holes in the barrel again. Thank you all for your input. I didnt realize it was as butchered as it was until someone said it, so thank you.

JD

Military Rifle Journal
Back