Third Party Press

An ac45 F block has surfaced

Joseph Burke

As stated, an ac45 F block K43 has surfaced. I'm not the owner but I'm posting a few of the owner's images. The new owner is new to 43s and the rifle hasn't been completely disassembled yet to
be able to say what is or isn't matching. AC45 serial # 7085 f and has the WaA214 (Berlin-Lubecker) acceptance stamp on the receiver. Look at what pics I have. I'm guessing a previously rejected receiver because of
maybe the rough forging and it doesn't appear to have the modified/relocated stock reinforcing lug. It does appear to have a dual guide rail bolt --in a single guide rail receiver. He's having trouble getting the bolt to lock
rearward to get it removed--he's probably got that handled by now. Thoughts or insight on the rifle or f block ac45s in general?
45242516_10161067630545506_6485960770889711616_n.jpg
45108676_10161068691755506_3833553826904801280_n.jpg

Group pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/38348591@N00/albums/72157702949364644

They are receivers sent to Lubeck to aid in production when Walther was over run is the theory. They are known.

rare gun

That is one nice piece and rare..a lot of us G43 collectors would love to find one
:thumbsup:

Great find/ These and the G/K marked ones are the hardest to find and generally bring a premium.

Hope its a nice fresh un-touched example.!! :thumbsup:

So cool. Any way to get more photos? These are the last of them. I was super fortunate to get one of the last three known f blocks made.

Here are a couple of mine. The one on the right is the qve45 f block, next to an ac45 a block.

9hnpcn.jpg

Please forgive the poor photo quality. It was a quick snap shot from my ipad.

Here’s a photo of a late night inspection/cleaning session:

1196pur.jpg

My qve45 f block (front) with two ac45’s, 600,000 serial numbered 1945 Beretta pistols and a nice P.38 byf44 a block. The padding on the sling buckle helps to protect the wood stock from being all mared up.

Last edited:
Just checked my serial number and description listings. First report!
Latest ac45 BLM rifle is #8197f, so getting close to the end with this one.

Always good to see new ones appear.

Just saw the link to more photos. Thanks.

Looks to have a K.98k front sight hood installed.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the new owner will sent some more pics as he does more research. This is his first 43 and apparently he's landed a real gem, in my opinion, in that it's fairly uncommon.
(I'd love to have it.). The rifle is in Canada. Not sure what's correct and what is not just yet. I noted the hood too as well as the ejector having an electro-penciled number that differs from the receiver.
I'm curious about the bolt too, since it's a dual guide bolt--on a single guide rifle.
Will post any information he provides.
--TIA

Just checked my serial number and description listings. First report!
Latest ac45 BLM rifle is #8197f, so getting close to the end with this one.

Always good to see new ones appear.

Just saw the link to more photos. Thanks.

Looks to have a K.98k front sight hood installed.

interesting its in Canada as BLM did fall into British and I assume Commonwealth troops also. Could have been a bring back even though Canadian bringbacks are very scarce. Getting across this border is going to be near impossible. Best to have him sell it to a Canadian collector. I think we might even know a few. ???

Here’s some things noted on these BLM super late rifles:

They had Walther parts. A benefit from the Walther transfere to BLM. Trigger guards (one item in particular) seem to be from Walther on some of these.

Serial numbered parts get a little weird this far out. One e-pencilled number could be over e-pencilled with another “matching number” or a numbered part could be one or two numbers off, or you could have one e-pencilled number and a second “matching” e-pencilled number on the same part.

You have to be super careful with this though to not make excuses for obviously wrong mismatched parts that were installed. On these, a person would have to judge the rifle a little differently and recognize some of this for what it is. I really screwed up a few months back and didn’t get a super late BLM qve45 because of the stock having one number off. It was all correct too and gorgeous, but it also had a hefty price tag on it. I just couldn’t pull the trigger and get it because of the price vs. the one number off stock. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably get it now. I would have tried to negotiate the price just a little. Darn thing was way up there in price. Can’t go back and undo. I guess that rifle just wasn’t for me. Who knows, maybe it will come again for sale and I can get it.

Last edited:
Any chance of reposting pics that QVE45 F block? I've finally picked one up so was looking to compare with my own.

So cool. Any way to get more photos? These are the last of them. I was super fortunate to get one of the last three known f blocks made.

Here are a couple of mine. The one on the right is the qve45 f block, next to an ac45 a block.

9hnpcn.jpg

Please forgive the poor photo quality. It was a quick snap shot from my ipad.

Here’s a photo of a late night inspection/cleaning session:

1196pur.jpg

My qve45 f block (front) with two ac45’s, 600,000 serial numbered 1945 Beretta pistols and a nice P.38 byf44 a block. The padding on the sling buckle helps to protect the wood stock from being all mared up.

Certainly a Scare if not Rare rifle in Canada.

Long Rifle bring backs are quite uncommon as the Canadians had no souvenir policy. Many nice handguns got smuggled back but very few rifles were ever brought back and generally by officers.

However, there have been very few imports of G/K43's and most were VoPo rifles. So decent chance it could be a legit bring back.

Very interesting rifle!

Military Rifle Journal
Back