Third Party Press
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SS Contract?

Default SS Contract?

Clearly I have a lot to learn still so I present to the experts here pics of a rifle I saw being discussed elsewhere. There it was 50/50 real vs fake, but no one presented a valid argument for the their assessment so it meant nothing IMO. I look forward to hearing what the real experts here have to say. Even if part of it is real, I assume very little is original, but that is just my gut feeling .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

More pics

There maybe other details some can work with like the code script size or something but without the serial or bolt numbering it will be hard to determine. The rune barrel looks real but doesn’t necessarily make this an SS rifle in any way shape or form, could be a left over from ss production, I had one on a bnz45 once. The V7 does show up on a lot of ss contracts but also on a lot of standard army rifles as well. Looks like someone may have had grandiose ideas of making it a rune rifle and then put the screw driver and hammer down and just started drinking beer instead when they realized it wasn’t working out.

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    There maybe other details some can work with like the code script size or something but without the serial or bolt numbering it will be hard to determine. The rune barrel looks real but doesnít necessarily make this an SS rifle in any way shape or form, could be a left over from ss production, I had one on a bnz45 once. The V7 does show up on a lot of ss contracts but also on a lot of standard army rifles as well.
    What are all those stampings on the bolt?

People call them Steyroglyphs haha more correctly they are out of radom. Random in house inspections, the receiver sides of bnzís have them below the wood line, lots of weird stuff.

Default SS Contract?

The bolt is not numbered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No suffix, hand stamped, large font, V7 receiver, rune Barrel = SS contract. I have only seen the V7 on bnz45’s that were army I should have said, looks like they are standard fair on SS contracts.

Default SS Contract?

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    No suffix, hand stamped, large font, V7 receiver, rune Barrel = SS contract. I have only seen the V7 on bnz45ís that were army I should have said, looks like they are standard fair on SS contracts.
    Receiver is not numbered either. Would both receiver and bolt be unumbered yet the other parts are numbered? There is no Eagle H stamping. I just aquired that knowledge in a quick Google search so it may not apply to this one?

Last edited by capt14k; 11-05-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Very late ss contract, stock should have eagle H but since itís been cleaned it may have been sanded a bit or weak. Bolt could be original with no number, pretty sure itís been posted here before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Default SS Contract?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Very late ss contract, stock should have eagle H but since itís been cleaned it may have been sanded a bit or weak. Bolt could be original with no number, pretty sure itís been posted here before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is exactly what I have been doing. Looking through trying to find if it was posted before.

So it does seem to be correct but stock refinished? With the Germany import/export mark on the bolt and the sanded stock would $2,500 be out of line? What are those marks on the top of the receiver? I didn't see those on others I found on the site.