Third Party Press
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SS Contract?

I've went all over the receiver a while back, and that's about all I've found

Bolt:

I always thought these were really odd, makes no sense to me. Also on the bolt, where the handle meets the body.

This is the only external "mark" I've found on the stock, what looks like a "C" or an "E" stamped on the bottom side aft of the wrist:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

Thank you! I have seen senior collectors refer to all these weird Steyr markings as “Lucky Charms” after all the weird shapes in the cereal, I think it’s appropriate! The underside of your bolt root has a great collection of them!! We will likely never know what they signify, but it’s interesting to try to catalog them and look for patterns. Personally I think you have a killer rifle there, thanks for sharing.

I've heard them called "Radom glyphs", and you're welcome!

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M1903A3 View Post
    ..these weird Steyr markings as “Lucky Charms” after all the weird shapes in the cereal, I think it’s appropriate
    It's funny but not a bad grab. I don't suppose anyone will ever know what they all meant. Some type of process stamps most likely. Thinking that's probably a C on the keel. Hard to tell in the photo.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"