Third Party Press

Thread: Mauser 98 modern build

Default Mauser 98 modern build

Hi people i decided to build a modern precision rifle in the old faithful. But exist many versions of mauser 98 action, the chilean, brazilian, argentinian, german, czech etc. What M98 has the best quality?

Czech model 98s are damned good quality

I always go to the blueprint standard. I'd personally use a German manufactured receiver, made by Mauser Oberndorf. Dave is correct in that the Czech rifle receivers are absolutely top quality, and you wouldn't go wrong by using one. I always go with the original manufacturer on quality hunting and distance shooting builds. I've found Krieger barrels to be superior over European barrels. I would suggest Obermeyer but I'm confident that ship has sailed. I use laminate walnut full aluminum bed stocks made by Accurate Innovations. They are awesome, plus have the old school look. Good luck and can't wait to see what you're putting together! Be prepared to have another built after your first. More addictive than booze and smokes.
    Taschen Billiard, plus looking for WW2 USGI patches, all branches, and original WW2 M1 helmets and parts

Thanks people for your advice. But i picked the challenge.
    Come here
    http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....732#post252732