Third Party Press

New 42, need a stock.....

carguy4471

I picked up an obendorf 42. It's unfortunately had the stock cut down. Any idea where I may be able to find a decent stock set with barrel bands? If possible I'd like to find one german marked.

Thanks for any help!!!

If anyone is wondering, it appears to me to be a bolt mismatch. All other serials match. Follower is stamped 43 however.

Yeah this used to be a pretty good option unfortunately the supply of stocks is rapidly drying up which means prices are really going up fast. There have been some shite stock sets around over the last year for around 100-125 but they were mostly beat, had lots of mismatched and non-German parts etc. Couple guys here are selling stock sets. They're both in this thread Mowzerluvr and US1945 (Tommy).

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...(walnut)-and-early-war-(laminated)-275-425-sh

Hopefully you got a decent deal on it? There are other options (Ebay) but one I was just watching that was not that great or complete went over 400.

Last edited:
Yeah this used to be a pretty good option unfortunately the supply of stocks is rapidly drying up which means prices are really going up fast. There have been some shite stock sets around over the last year for around 100-125 but they were mostly beat, had lots of mismatched and non-German parts etc. Couple guys here are selling stock sets. They're both in this thread Mowzerluvr and US1945 (Tommy).

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...(walnut)-and-early-war-(laminated)-275-425-sh

Hopefully you got a decent deal on it? There are other options (Ebay) but one I was just watching that was not that great or complete went over 400.

I appreciate the link. Although I don't have permissions to click it yet, lol.

I see various stocks around here and there, but I'm really hoping to find a hand guard that semi resembles the finish on the stock. Aside from that I don't need to be too choosy. It seems there are boat loads of barrel bands around and I won't cry if I can't find 'em stamped with the correct waffen-thingy.

I believe my rifle is an early 1942, and would have serialized barrel bands. The later 1942 rifles didn't have serials so it'll only be off a half year if I can get them non stamped.

I believe my rifle ... would have serialized barrel bands. The later 1942 rifles didn't have serials so it'll only be off a half year if I can get them non stamped.

Oberndorf numbered their bands until fall, 1944. Your rifle is not a bolt mismatched (only), as the bands and orig stock are gone. It appears rebarreled as mentioned (diff fire proof and serial fonts), and I'd expect an 0,2 somewhere on the barrel collar. The finger grooved stock is a give away, that the stock is incorrect.

Oberndorf numbered their bands until fall, 1944. Your rifle is not a bolt mismatched (only), as the bands and orig stock are gone. It appears rebarreled as mentioned (diff fire proof and serial fonts), and I'd expect an 0,2 somewhere on the barrel collar. The finger grooved stock is a give away, that the stock is incorrect.

I knew the stock was incorrect. I believe it should have the cupped but plate and sling slot. I'm out to acquire the correct stock and bands, once I sort out which bands it should have. If my research is correct it should be the milled H band. I think they went to stamped later in 1942.

I have a complete and matching stock set for a byf42 rifle but it is still under decision by a previous buyer, if he passes on it I will provide more info on it.

I have a complete and matching stock set for a byf42 rifle but it is still under decision by a previous buyer, if he passes on it I will provide more info on it.

I'd appreciate that. I'm certain it would save me a great deal of time!! By all means, please keep me posted.

Military Rifle Journal
Back