Third Party Press
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which mounts came first?

Quote Originally Posted by Amberg View Post
    PS: or do you think the SSR Zielvier scope from the manual is a Jägerspende scope?
    Could be - why not? I mean they have a civi Kahles H/4x60 scope on turret rings .. this for sure is of civilian origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugger93 View Post
    Brian I see you post all the time in the k98 page on facebook. Awesome collection!
    Thanks, it's alright. Not like some of the rifles seen on this site though. Mine are mostly clones, there are some serious pieces of history in this community here.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolut View Post
    Could be - why not? I mean they have a civi Kahles H/4x60 scope on turret rings .. this for sure is of civilian origin.
    Well, almost all German sniper scopes are of civil/commercial origin. With only a few exceptions. ZF41, ZF4, ZFK43 ... All the other scopes are nothing but more or less modified commercial scopes.

The SSR with Zeiss scope shown in the manual looks like an early mount, and the manual says: range markings 1 - 8
    Scopes from the Jägerspende usually show up with late(r) mounts and have range marking from 1 - 4

Quote Originally Posted by Raupleminze View Post
    .... If so do you happen to have a height measurement of the rings?
    From the scope tube to the base:
    front ring: 13.0 mm
    rear ring 20.0 mm

Hope this helps.

It might be for two native speakers discussing in a different language ... by "civi origin" I meant the particular pictured scope has features of the commercial variation of the scope as made and offered for purchase of civilians. It does NOT show the military variant of the scope which would lack the focal adjustment and feature an extended objective housing which is most often referred as sun shade/rain shield.

Based on this I wonder why they picture a scope with focal adjustment and without the extended housing on turret rings. Were those actual pictures or were those drawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Absolut View Post
    ... by "civi origin" I meant the particular pictured scope has features of the commercial variation of the scope as made and offered for purchase of civilians.
    But that is exactly what they used in the beginning. Somewhere I have a photo showing a straight commercial AJACK 4x90 with turret mount. Have to dig it out.
    BTW: the SSR with Zielvier scope from the manual photo looks like a Sauer rifle. Small takedown disc.

BTW: the SSR with Zielvier scope from the manual photo looks like a Sauer rifle. Small takedown disc.
    .. and cut behind wood, so base partially covered by stock.

Could these be like sealed sample rifles which they later modified in details? That would therefore explain details like focal adjustment, etc.

From the scope tube to the base:
    front ring: 13.0 mm
    rear ring 20.0 mm

Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much for looking into that for me!!