Third Party Press

Thread: FN Model 1922, E/613 Marked

Default FN Model 1922, E/613 Marked

This is the second pistol I picked up in my trade deal (with the PP already posted)...

This is one of the early German E/613 marked FN M1922 pistols....according to the books and research only roughly 5,000 of these were produced at the tail end of Dutch contract production. Early ones in this block have Dutch contract marked parts as they used them up so I understand.

It is numbers matching, has a little bit of finish issues with some freckling, and the barrel extension the worse of it. The right grip escutcheon has a replacement nut in there, but again, for what they had it priced, I had to grab it since they are pretty scarce. I got a spare mag with it...the holster came from Flynaked, for which I am most appreciative to complete the rig...

It is a nice comparison with my captured Dutch contract 1922, which was captured directly from a Luft pilot at an airfield by a friend of the families father, in the original drop holster with all the capture papers and tags...
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few more....

Great pistols! I love to shoot mine. a US Zone Bahnpolizei issue. I'm ready for an another one, preferably one like yours.

Very nice and un-common e/613

I remember buying mine.. A e/103 marked example in a HK marked drop holster with spare mag..

One of the best deals out there for 3R era pistols.

Nice early German Occupation produced M1922.

All of these M1922s used to be sleepers, but recently seem to getting some well deserved attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bayoned View Post
    Nice early German Occupation produced M1922.

All of these M1922s used to be sleepers, but recently seem to getting some well deserved attention.
    And there are a ton of variations...I can go back and get an E/140 variant, and they have a Yugo contract too...

Definitely an interesting little gun...

Here are some pics of the German made holster with it...

Quote Originally Posted by pzjgr View Post
    A few more....
    The one on the right has the crown and W on the slide,the W is for queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands
    I have one like that as well,but no German proofmarks on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by M1-Garand View Post
    The one on the right has the crown and W on the slide,the W is for queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands
    I have one like that as well,but no German proofmarks on mine.
    Yes, the one on the right is a Dutch contract gun, that was captured and used by the German, as the father of a friend of the family took it from a Luft pilot on an airfield they over-ran, it was in a Luft drop holster for the Hungarian 37M when he captured it...have all the capture papers and info on it...

The Germans started producing the 1922 again after they captured the FN factory, and you can find German produced 1922's using the last of the Dutch contract parts, with an E/613 by the trigger guard....

Very cool M.1922 Pzjgr. Pick stickied.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Interesting as I would have thought it was too long to fit in the p37ung. holster ? Cool rig ! I really like the German pebbled flap holster. Most are seen in Luftwaffe rig holsters. Could be the model 1910 or09 is it called that's a little shorter ??