Third Party Press

Gustav appel hkw

pwcosol

Gents:
Regarding the pictured Appel HKW, I have found very few references to this variant marking. Any thoughts as to when the tool was produced and this marking utilized would be most helpful...

Attachments

• GuAp HKW 1.JPG
    GuAp HKW 1.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 23
  • GuAp HKW 2.JPG
    GuAp HKW 2.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 31
  • GuAp HKW 3.JPG
    GuAp HKW 3.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 15
  • GuAp HKW 4.JPG
    GuAp HKW 4.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 14
  • GuAp HKW 5.JPG
    GuAp HKW 5.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 15
My G.Appel kit with the 9mm brush has this HKW in it. Here are some pics.

420eb13098de9a17519b2d8f2bf35dd7.jpg

51acddf2b40060a88ae200eb7bccd10b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have observed several HKW with this variant marking in the "third brush" kits. In my opinion this is a marking used on their non-military, "commercial" or private purchase items. Have also seen this marking overstamped with cnx which implies that it was initially commercially marked and then pressed into military use. G. Appel also used a G within an apple logo stamp for mainly commercial purposes although it can occasionally be found on military issue items as well. The third brush kits date from 1941 - '42 (approximately).

Post crossed with mrfarb above .....

Thanks guys for your replies. The "3rd Brush" Appel kits make perfect sense, as does the time frame of production. I don't recall if the kit I have came w/a HKW or not, but it did have the proper 9 x 19mm brush. Now I know just where to park the HKW...

My G.Appel kit

Come on Mike that's just ridiculous. I actually thought it was a repop or refinished but good God. Just rub it in why not? :laugh:

Seriously does anyone have a cleaner example? I've never seen one.

Come on Mike that's just ridiculous. I actually thought it was a repop or refinished but good God. Just rub it in why not? :laugh:

Seriously does anyone have a cleaner example? I've never seen one.

A very good friend of mine gave it to me. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Slash, these HKW marked "GUSTAV APPEL" were used into the commercial manufactured kits, including the variant model with the 9mm third brush.
I attached some photos of two tools, marked with different way.

Antoni

Attachments

• Gustvaappelx2.JPG
    Gustvaappelx2.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Gustavappeñx2a.jpg
    Gustavappeñx2a.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 22
Really neat. 2 different stamps not just one hit harder than the other IMHO.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back