Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1939 660 Steyr

Right now I am cleaning it... Later I will add more pics.. thank you for your info and effort!

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    Looks like a Polish proof like Paul alluded to. Here’s a bolt with the same from a 98m
    Thanks Clay. That's where I was going but couldn't definitively id the mark from that photo.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Here it is again... disassembled and cleaned carefuly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The red strip on butt was for Instruction weapon, mostly from 2 as it was not same size as upperguard, unfortunally removed by cleaning, the disarming was done in same period, used mostly by army for presentation. b.r.Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
    The red strip on butt was for Instruction weapon, mostly from 2 as it was not same size as upperguard, unfortunally removed by cleaning, the disarming was done in same period, used mostly by army for presentation. b.r.Andy
    Agree, very probably from instruction rifle, and hanguard is not matching number, but still coming from another Steyer - interesting.