Third Party Press

Verify Authenticity Please: Zf4 mounts!

Joseph Burke

I picked up a couple of zf4 mounts and these are my first “original” mounts. They look good to me but interested in thoughts and any red flags. Basically I’m asking if they appear to be legitimate originals.
48b086e699bddd3050e8c46ba256883b.jpg
bffd9cbf73e0e1d3c9905e5e43401bc4.jpg
f68957b2a7c19791cc90fd5989039e07.jpg
48e2d7900ae772795ede951afca01ded.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the cost for both mounts,,,,,,Thanks--For the info

I'd rather not say as I might embarrass myself, but below current market prices and they were far from cheap. In my case I was looking for later war Walther (WaA359) acceptance examples and these fit the bill perfectly as they are both latewar style mounts and late war zf4 scopes based on the serials on the scopes. I was only looking for one but the seller had three total available but had sold one already. I simply bought them both exactly as shown. Everything appears original to include the scope mounting hardware and therefore I suspect both those zf4s are original to those mounts.

My gosh, what a blessing to find two at the same time. These were hens teeth when I was looking for a couple. Congratulations.

My gosh, what a blessing to find two at the same time. These were hens teeth when I was looking for a couple. Congratulations.

That’s why I bought both. Both looked correct to me and I simply bit the bullet because running across a pair of very similar later production mounts and for a Walther was just perfect for me. They came from a collection in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol - why can't the Canadian collectors find mounts like that in Canada? I am always finding my sets in the US or Europe.

Nice find

Military Rifle Journal
Back