Third Party Press
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Louisville Fair Board comes down on Klan and Christmas ornaments....at SOS

  1. #1
    Senior Member jack944's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Louisville Fair Board comes down on Klan and Christmas ornaments....at SOS


  2. #2
    RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kavallerie-Regiment 15, Paderborn
    Posts
    3,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jack944 View Post
    ..So long Walter....
    So now where am I going to get my Nazi flavored ass rags?
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

  3. #3
    ax - hole Warrior1354's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    So now where am I going to get my Nazi flavored ass rags?
    No more toilet paper either! Whats old Walter going too do with all those Christmas ornaments now!

    Even this guy being interviewed says its all faked which makes it even funnier.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

    Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

  4. #4
    RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kavallerie-Regiment 15, Paderborn
    Posts
    3,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    Even this guy being interviewed says its all faked which makes it even funnier.
    That's the most hilarious part of the interview... and he says it multiple times!
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

  5. #5
    Community Organizer Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    74,408

    Default

    It looks like the exceptions are for WW2 original items and banning junk. Seems cool to me, but I agree for different reasons, that is crap control not political correctness.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

  6. #6
    Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Yeah good news. Here is a update from OVMS' FaceBook page

    OFFICIAL UPDATE:
    SOS 2019 WILL be held in Louisville as scheduled.

    The Kentucky Fair Board met today at 12:30 and by unanimous vote adopted a "Resolution Related to the Sale of Certain Items Representing Racist Ideology" with "Certain Exceptions."

    Specifically to the swastika emblem in use by the Third Reich, they have banned items reproduced after WWII. OVMS has updated our Show Rules Regarding Culturally Offensive Material to specifically prohibit modern replica items (among other changes). These rules will be strictly enforced at all OVMS shows.

    As much fun as it is to collect, study, and learn from historic artifacts, situations like this underscore the fact that in the absence of abundent context, collecting WWII memorabilia in particular can be frankly shocking to people unfamiliar with the hobby. This is simply a fact of the world that we live in, and not a debate to be won or lost.

    The decision of the Kentucky Fair Board to allow properly contextualized, responsible display and sale of original historic artifacts is quite frankly very courageous, considering all of the incredible pressure that was brought to bear upon them. We owe them a tremendous debt of thanks, loyalty, and more importantly - our wholehearted cooperation and assistance.

    OVMS cannot do this alone. At the shows, in online forums, and in the world at large, the way we act and the words we say will either help the hobby or doom it. As an exhibitor, member, or guest, we are counting on YOU to be part of the solution, and not part of the problem. We need to be ambassadors for the responsible collecting of all items, all time periods. By our actions as collectors, we have the opportunity to demonstrate to those unfamiliar with our hobby that collecting truly is a historical pursuit and not a political activity. The past may be in your collection room.. but the future of this hobby is in your hands. We are counting on you to act accordingly.

    Bill Combs

  7. #7
    Community Organizer Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    74,408

    Default

    Handled properly in light of the leftarded perpetual butthurt world we live in.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

  8. #8
    750 Press Operator iron bender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    turn around
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Kick out all the dealers who sells repros and the shows would be empty.
    Taschen Billiard, plus looking for WW2 USGI patches, all branches, and original WW2 M1 helmets and parts

  9. #9
    EOD - bombs and bullets pzjgr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    Yeah good news. Here is a update from OVMS' FaceBook page

    OFFICIAL UPDATE:
    SOS 2019 WILL be held in Louisville as scheduled.

    The Kentucky Fair Board met today at 12:30 and by unanimous vote adopted a "Resolution Related to the Sale of Certain Items Representing Racist Ideology" with "Certain Exceptions."

    Specifically to the swastika emblem in use by the Third Reich, they have banned items reproduced after WWII. OVMS has updated our Show Rules Regarding Culturally Offensive Material to specifically prohibit modern replica items (among other changes). These rules will be strictly enforced at all OVMS shows.

    As much fun as it is to collect, study, and learn from historic artifacts, situations like this underscore the fact that in the absence of abundent context, collecting WWII memorabilia in particular can be frankly shocking to people unfamiliar with the hobby. This is simply a fact of the world that we live in, and not a debate to be won or lost.

    The decision of the Kentucky Fair Board to allow properly contextualized, responsible display and sale of original historic artifacts is quite frankly very courageous, considering all of the incredible pressure that was brought to bear upon them. We owe them a tremendous debt of thanks, loyalty, and more importantly - our wholehearted cooperation and assistance.

    OVMS cannot do this alone. At the shows, in online forums, and in the world at large, the way we act and the words we say will either help the hobby or doom it. As an exhibitor, member, or guest, we are counting on YOU to be part of the solution, and not part of the problem. We need to be ambassadors for the responsible collecting of all items, all time periods. By our actions as collectors, we have the opportunity to demonstrate to those unfamiliar with our hobby that collecting truly is a historical pursuit and not a political activity. The past may be in your collection room.. but the future of this hobby is in your hands. We are counting on you to act accordingly.

    Bill Combs
    Meh, yeah, I understand the why's....but still unhappy we are brought to this because of the damned snow flake piece of shit liberals who get butthurt over everything, and their solution is to ban everything that offends their delicate senses.

    They are no different than the Taliban or muzzie scum.....may fuck be upon them all.

  10. #10
    EOD - bombs and bullets pzjgr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    I am happy SOS will be in Louisville, but I don't think we have seen the end of this. They just chip away at something until there is nothing left. The real solution I see to this problem is if you are offended by Military History or History in general then just don't go to the show. Unfortunately the left will want to preach their version of history to the rest of us and it will have nothing to do with common sense or facts. The liberals are a crazy mob of idiots.
    The real solution is to get rid of all liberals....they are the disease....there is no other way, they won't stop until they erase everything they don't like, and get rid of all who don't agree....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •