Third Party Press

Louisville Fair Board comes down on Klan and Christmas ornaments....at SOS

Why not move this show to the Tulsa gun show? Tulsa is the largest gun show in the world. So, wouldn’t it be neat to have this along with the largest gunshow in the world?

And, Tulsa is twice a year. So, if this show had to be just once a year, then the show operators could pick either November or April.....or both.

What would really be cool is start a few days before Tulsa and make this a huge week event or something along those lines. I’d take off a week for a combined show like that!

Last edited:
incremental small step s to banning everything, hay its good they did not ban original artifacts & memorabilia, but now the liberals have succeeded they will push again till it becomes a underground hobby like in europe

its coming be prepared use gun control as a example or should I say reasonable/ common sense gun control . the goal is total ban

Militaria collecting isn't an underground hobby in Europe, not even in PC countries like Holland, Germany and Belgium.
There are very big shows in Kassel (Germany) and Ciney (Belgium) for example and I think both are bigger in size then the MAX & SoS.

Of course I agree with you that leftwing morons want to ban everything, that is there hidden agenda.
Let there be no doubt about that.
We shouldn't be defending our hobby in the first place but the reality is that we in the West live in societies that want to be PC, people are over sensitive not only when it comes to militaria collecting but also on the job, the everyone is a winner mentality for example, if we like it or not that is just the way it is and it will get worse when the millennial generation gets older.
This being said, our best defence is to claim, rightfully so, that we are collectors of memorabilia and historic artifacts but you can't do this when idiots like Walter K and Thomas W are standing next to you peddling obviously fake stuff like those Christmas tree ornaments and that toilet paper, or even worse when they are selling nylon swastika flags and t shirts next to original wartime souvenirs.
This is the responsibilty of the show organizers.
Walter K with his sh!t paper and Thomas W with his fake daggers, just to name two but there are many more, have done huge damage to our hobby, just think about how many collectors they have swindled so much that they left the hobby and now that it has reached a point that it can possibly damage us all, we should stand up to defend them?
Not me! I'am not going to fight for Walter K's right to peddle 3R fake in public, that is something he can do himself and I hope he fails.

But Peter what is Walter supposed to do with those 10 cases of Christmas ornaments he just ordered? I mean purchased from an occupied Factory in the Czech Republic that had these ornaments store there lol!

The biggest problem with Walter going away is he's good friends with Thomas who runs the show pretty much. Not to mention he's got money invested in the crap as well.

The dealer is not banned, only the questionable items are. If the dealer only displays original pre 1945 items there should not be a problem, correct?

That is what is funny, the dealer isn't banned. He sells those like they are original, but there is no way even if they were that the ornaments would be allowed. Jeez, those even made the news story and press conference - NEIN!

I may have missed this, but is there a single person that rules fake or real? Walking from table to table? How is this being enforced?

Fake or real

At our show (Allentown, PA) we Police the show for flea market junk (T-shirts, beef jerky, jewelry, etc,) but not for reproduction TR items. I brought this current controversy to the Board of Directors attention this morning as the Christmas ornaments/toilet paper do appear at our show but they did not seem too interested in discussing the matter. I guess it will take a complaint from the owners of the hall before they decide to take any action, one way or the other.

One problem with these contortionists efforts, besides the fact they will be inadequate to satisfy the media or offended, is that reproductions have been around longer than most us have been alive... who is to "authenticate" this nazi crap? Collectors can't even agree or distinguish between reproductions these days.

Secondly, leftist, not Liberals, need to be confronted at every opportunity, - Liberals would never think to impose their emotional baggage upon other groups or individuals. Most especially attempts to use the power of the state to suppress individuals rights or private property.

Leftists, like their nazi cousins, can't be bargained or negotiated with, there is no middle ground or live and let live, it is impossible to reason with them because they are ideologically predisposed towards deceit. Any negotiation with them is never in good faith, nor is it ever viewed as finding common ground, rather negotiation for them is only possible when they know they can't achieve their aims outright and is only viewed as a means to an end, their compromise is never viewed as more than a pause.

..leftist, not Liberals, need to be confronted at every opportunity, - Liberals would never think to impose their emotional baggage upon other groups or individuals. Most especially attempts to use the power of the state to suppress individuals rights or private property.

This. You are correct sir. The 'offensively offended' are the real issue. They're never satisfied until everything is the was they see it. There is no limit to the level of histrionics they'll pull to achieve their 'goals' They just jump from one trainwreck to the next

These idiots would have flipped when there would be dozens of WW2 German vets (u-boat crewmen, tankers, pilots, etc.) at a show peddling ceramic coffee cups with their wartime pic emblazoned across the mug, signed 8.5x11 signed images, biographies of the war, repro insignia from their squadron and what not. Those were the days. Actually getting to visit with these guys that did what is now unthinkable.

Just wanted you guys to know I got a damn good email from the ovms today about the sos show. If nobody else copies here I will tomorrow, can't do it from my phone. Anyway it was a long email but they really went into depth how they worked hard to prevent the show from being banned. Believe it or not KKK items were already banned from their shows which has been in their rules for years so they were protected from that outcome.

Any Nazi related items reproduction or authentic original pieces. The biggest aggressors to these shows wanted them completely banned which pretty much would have shut down the show. The new rule states any wartime Nazi relics made after 1945 will not be on display at the show.

It was brought up about taking the show somewhere else. But they stated alot of these convention centers have connections to other convention centers and they could have very well pulled those places from having shows like this. It was also stated a location to have a show like this is less than you can count on one hand. The worst outcome was shutting the show down and the show was back to smaller shows again. But as of next year it's still on and hopefully in the future it will be on for many years to come. But the organization quite plainly states if we don't fight to keep these shows or make a stand they will no longer be around.

And as a good collector friend of mine stated at the ogca show over the weekend. Why was there no outcry over communism related items or Japanese Imperial related items? He flat out said do people have any idea how many millions of people died under those organizations.

Militaria collecting isn't an underground hobby in Europe, not even in PC countries like Holland, Germany and Belgium.
There are very big shows in Kassel (Germany) and Ciney (Belgium) for example and I think both are bigger in size then the MAX & SoS.

Of course I agree with you that leftwing morons want to ban everything, that is there hidden agenda.
Let there be no doubt about that.
We shouldn't be defending our hobby in the first place but the reality is that we in the West live in societies that want to be PC, people are over sensitive not only when it comes to militaria collecting but also on the job, the everyone is a winner mentality for example, if we like it or not that is just the way it is and it will get worse when the millennial generation gets older.
This being said, our best defence is to claim, rightfully so, that we are collectors of memorabilia and historic artifacts but you can't do this when idiots like Walter K and Thomas W are standing next to you peddling obviously fake stuff like those Christmas tree ornaments and that toilet paper, or even worse when they are selling nylon swastika flags and t shirts next to original wartime souvenirs.
This is the responsibilty of the show organizers.
Walter K with his sh!t paper and Thomas W with his fake daggers, just to name two but there are many more, have done huge damage to our hobby, just think about how many collectors they have swindled so much that they left the hobby and now that it has reached a point that it can possibly damage us all, we should stand up to defend them?
Not me! I'am not going to fight for Walter K's right to peddle 3R fake in public, that is something he can do himself and I hope he fails.

so swastika's are sold openly in Germany????????? I deal with Henrik, I know whats available you are right its not underground it neutered, I used the wrong word

so swastika's are sold openly in Germany????????? I deal with Henrik, I know whats available you are right its not underground it neutered, I used the wrong word

Public display of the swastika was made illegal in Germany in May 1945 and it still is.
This has nothing to do with present day political correctness.
Check my Soldbuch threads and you will see plenty of examples of Soldbucher which had the swastika removed because of this law.:thumbsup:

This. You are correct sir. The 'offensively offended' are the real issue. They're never satisfied until everything is the was they see it. There is no limit to the level of histrionics they'll pull to achieve their 'goals' They just jump from one trainwreck to the next

Sometimes I feel like I'm living in Orwell's 1984, seriously.

What amazes me is how such a miniscule microcosm of the larger American population has such a loud and influential voice in our society. Since when was the, as the nutjobs call it, "fundamental human rights" of the .0001% outweigh the rights of the other 99.9999% normal people of society that are not living in the 5th dimension?

........And. if you disagree with my post your a "nazi"

How many transvestites are there really? Is forcing the entire rest of the country to bend over for such a tiny group done for them or is it done to us?

......And. if you disagree with my post your a "nazi"

Yes or a misogynist or Zionist or whatever else they choose to call you. And yes to the rest, the percentage of the total community is really small. But apparently they have no other distractions (like a job or a family) so they're free to shriek and howl at every 'event' available. Makes them 'seem' much more relevant than they really are.

Military Rifle Journal
Back