Third Party Press

Louisville Fair Board comes down on Klan and Christmas ornaments....at SOS

It looks like the exceptions are for WW2 original items and banning junk. Seems cool to me, but I agree for different reasons, that is crap control not political correctness.

Yeah good news. Here is a update from OVMS' FaceBook page

OFFICIAL UPDATE:
SOS 2019 WILL be held in Louisville as scheduled.

The Kentucky Fair Board met today at 12:30 and by unanimous vote adopted a "Resolution Related to the Sale of Certain Items Representing Racist Ideology" with "Certain Exceptions."

Specifically to the swastika emblem in use by the Third Reich, they have banned items reproduced after WWII. OVMS has updated our Show Rules Regarding Culturally Offensive Material to specifically prohibit modern replica items (among other changes). These rules will be strictly enforced at all OVMS shows.

As much fun as it is to collect, study, and learn from historic artifacts, situations like this underscore the fact that in the absence of abundent context, collecting WWII memorabilia in particular can be frankly shocking to people unfamiliar with the hobby. This is simply a fact of the world that we live in, and not a debate to be won or lost.

The decision of the Kentucky Fair Board to allow properly contextualized, responsible display and sale of original historic artifacts is quite frankly very courageous, considering all of the incredible pressure that was brought to bear upon them. We owe them a tremendous debt of thanks, loyalty, and more importantly - our wholehearted cooperation and assistance.

OVMS cannot do this alone. At the shows, in online forums, and in the world at large, the way we act and the words we say will either help the hobby or doom it. As an exhibitor, member, or guest, we are counting on YOU to be part of the solution, and not part of the problem. We need to be ambassadors for the responsible collecting of all items, all time periods. By our actions as collectors, we have the opportunity to demonstrate to those unfamiliar with our hobby that collecting truly is a historical pursuit and not a political activity. The past may be in your collection room.. but the future of this hobby is in your hands. We are counting on you to act accordingly.

Bill Combs

Handled properly in light of the leftarded perpetual butthurt world we live in.

Yeah good news. Here is a update from OVMS' FaceBook page

OFFICIAL UPDATE:
SOS 2019 WILL be held in Louisville as scheduled.

The Kentucky Fair Board met today at 12:30 and by unanimous vote adopted a "Resolution Related to the Sale of Certain Items Representing Racist Ideology" with "Certain Exceptions."

Specifically to the swastika emblem in use by the Third Reich, they have banned items reproduced after WWII. OVMS has updated our Show Rules Regarding Culturally Offensive Material to specifically prohibit modern replica items (among other changes). These rules will be strictly enforced at all OVMS shows.

As much fun as it is to collect, study, and learn from historic artifacts, situations like this underscore the fact that in the absence of abundent context, collecting WWII memorabilia in particular can be frankly shocking to people unfamiliar with the hobby. This is simply a fact of the world that we live in, and not a debate to be won or lost.

The decision of the Kentucky Fair Board to allow properly contextualized, responsible display and sale of original historic artifacts is quite frankly very courageous, considering all of the incredible pressure that was brought to bear upon them. We owe them a tremendous debt of thanks, loyalty, and more importantly - our wholehearted cooperation and assistance.

OVMS cannot do this alone. At the shows, in online forums, and in the world at large, the way we act and the words we say will either help the hobby or doom it. As an exhibitor, member, or guest, we are counting on YOU to be part of the solution, and not part of the problem. We need to be ambassadors for the responsible collecting of all items, all time periods. By our actions as collectors, we have the opportunity to demonstrate to those unfamiliar with our hobby that collecting truly is a historical pursuit and not a political activity. The past may be in your collection room.. but the future of this hobby is in your hands. We are counting on you to act accordingly.

Bill Combs

Meh, yeah, I understand the why's....but still unhappy we are brought to this because of the damned snow flake piece of shite liberals who get butthurt over everything, and their solution is to ban everything that offends their delicate senses.

They are no different than the Taliban or muzzie scum.....may (I have a small penis) be upon them all.

I am happy SOS will be in Louisville, but I don't think we have seen the end of this. They just chip away at something until there is nothing left. The real solution I see to this problem is if you are offended by Military History or History in general then just don't go to the show. Unfortunately the left will want to preach their version of history to the rest of us and it will have nothing to do with common sense or facts. The liberals are a crazy mob of idiots.

The real solution is to get rid of all liberals....they are the disease....there is no other way, they won't stop until they erase everything they don't like, and get rid of all who don't agree....

I am happy SOS will be in Louisville, but I don't think we have seen the end of this. They just chip away at something until there is nothing left. The real solution I see to this problem is if you are offended by Military History or History in general then just don't go to the show. Unfortunately the left just wants to be offended, so they can manipulate people and suppress freedom. The liberals are a crazy mob of idiots.

This in the nutshell. Don’t go to the show if you are triggered by history.

I am happy SOS will be in Louisville, but I don't think we have seen the end of this. They just chip away at something until there is nothing left. The real solution I see to this problem is if you are offended by Military History or History in general then just don't go to the show. Unfortunately the left just wants to be offended, so they can manipulate people and suppress freedom. The liberals are a crazy mob of idiots.

I'm offended by a neurotic dude scantily clad as a woman prancing around and acting in a sexually provocative manner advocating transgenderism to children at a public library. I guess according to Democrats I just give all my property to the government and kill myself now.

I'm offended by a neurotic dude scantily clad as a woman prancing around and acting in a sexually provocative manner advocating transgenderism to children at a public library. I guess according to Democrats I just give all my property to the government and kill myself now.

THAT does not offend a liberals sensibilities...so that's all good....no one (liberals that is) gives a damn what offends you, as you are not a liberal, and therefor do not count....

Its a sad, sad world we are evolving into....

Yes I am offended by this as well. Unfortunately I don't think the liberals care if you or I are offended. I get exactly what you are saying and agree.

Liberals do not care if that means pulling down some statues, burning some books, stomping out all opposing opposition, using violence to dictate their agenda, and herding people into camps that don't fit their agenda.

Way a minute who was the real Nazi again?

I'll be honest I'll tell you guys what my grandfather thought about Nazis and Communists. His simple plan was you take both of them and line them am up together so you can save bullets. He fought the Japanese in WW2 and saw the atrocities first hand. But he hated the Nazis and communists just as much.

THAT does not offend a liberals sensibilities...so that's all good....no one (liberals that is) gives a damn what offends you, as you are not a liberal, and therefor do not count....

Its a sad, sad world we are evolving into....

Ah, it's ok if they force us to pay for all of their bullshite and votes by confiscating our hard earned money, but we just don't have a say in anything and are stripped of our right to be offended. I get it. If I was them I'd fear and hate the 2nd Amendment too because to them it is the same as holy water and crucifixes to vampires.

incremental small step s to banning everything, hay its good they did not ban original artifacts & memorabilia, but now the liberals have succeeded they will push again till it becomes a underground hobby like in europe

its coming be prepared use gun control as a example or should I say reasonable/ common sense gun control . the goal is total ban

Military Rifle Journal
Back