Third Party Press

Original LSR Scope Key

Why do you think this is original? I am yet to hear a convincing argument for what is original with these. But would love if we could figure it out.

Here is a couple Pics of an Original Adjusting Key . This one came with a Complete LSR Mount , Scope and Matching Can which I had bought a Number of Years Ago. I got this Set and a box full of other Brand New Cond. Scopes . I bought them directly from The Vets Son. His Dad was the one that gave him everything to sell for him .

To be honest the Pics of the Key that Brian just posted looks like an original compared to the one I posted .

When I look to verify these Keys I look at the direction and positioning of the writing and then the other part is the Screw Driver Ends and the grinding marks found on this part of the Key . For me if a Key is in anyway different than the one I posted I always Pass . Best Regards

Attachments

• DSCN7682.JPG
    DSCN7682.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN7683.JPG
    DSCN7683.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
This is a good discussion. What is so tough about these keys is how simple they are. It would be so easy to fake one that looks just like the one Dave posted. I agree that it is likely that Dave's is original. I guess I would just never pay a lot of money for one of these. They scare me off which is why I have passed on them in the past. That said, if one was cheap enough I would likely take a chance and live with the uncertainty.

And why do they have no inspection stamps of any type? Also, could one of our German speaking members please translate the writing for me? Thanks!

I view these keys like I view SS helmets: I know there are real ones out there; but unless I find one at a yard sale for 15 dollars, I'm not buying it. Dave had a similar experience when he purchased his, so I've no doubt his is genuine.

Also, could one of our German speaking members please translate the writing for me? Thanks!

Rechts-Schuß = Rechts lösen , Links nachstellen

If your rifle shoots to the right, loosen right screw and tighten again with the left screw.

Brian, look closely at the lettering in your key. Is that not laser etched as opposed to atamped? It appears that way in pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian, here are two that were offered to me a few years ago but I passed on them. They look just like yours.

Comparison 5.jpegComparison 6.jpeg

The only way I would buy another Key is if it matched the one I posted Pics of , as I mentioned it came directly from the Vet who brought the items home . I have seen others that were also said to have been bought either from Vet or Vets Family directly and these all were like mine or one pictured in Senich Book . If I was offered the one that Brian Posted I would also buy this one , it appears to match the one I posted . Best Regards

Hercules key in question doesn't follow any patterns of 'fake' or 'repro' keys that I know of.
Scientifically all this means is that the key isn't confirmed as 'in' but hasn't yet been ruled 'out'.

Out of curiosity, why do the LSR keys have a wide and a narrow screwdriver blade?

Narrow blade for the scope band screws and the wide blade fits well in the center lock nut on the tension lever. The square cutout allows the user to adjust windage/ traverse.

Narrow blade for the scope band screws and the wide blade fits well in the center lock nut on the tension lever. The square cutout allows the user to adjust windage/ traverse.

And one blade fits the screw under the mount in front which provides tension to the front tower pivot for windage adjustment.

Jeff

Military Rifle Journal
Back