Third Party Press

Extremely Rare & Vaunted SS LSR Mount & Base !!!!!

I think that mount was for SS Mountain Troops. They drilled holes to make it lighter and easy to carry. Thanks for posting. I hope nobody else see this.

Last edited:
Can we please start a sticky thread to keep track of these Uber rare mounts!:p

Do We really need a sticky , I mean if they`re SO RARE this is likely the only one known , so once its gone its gone . No need to keep a record of it . Unless Your thinking there maybe other Similar Configurations . For that reason it could be worth doing . :facepalm:

I forgot to mention I contacted the seller explaining what had been done to his Mount and Base . Told him it was Heavily Altered most likely PW . Sent him Pics of what Mount and Base should look like and he wrote me back saying this !!!!!!!

New message from: probe551104giw (5,531Green Star)
thanks and I have been in contact with a WW sniper expert and he agrees that it was altered but NOT post WW but by the soldier who used the gun.. The experts view was that it was modified to lessen any weight where possible... The mount was not changed because it could not be change , that would be able to work on the M98. He has sen two other sniper mounts change into this configuration over his 50 years of collecting Thank you.

The Sellers reply is why I mentioned Similar Configurations and doing Sticky for that reason !!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Do We really need a sticky , I mean if they`re SO RARE this is likely the only one known , so once its gone its gone . No need to keep a record of it . Unless Your thinking there maybe other Similar Configurations . For that reason it could be worth doing . :facepalm:

I forgot to mention I contacted the seller explaining what had been done to his Mount and Base . Told him it was Heavily Altered most likely PW . Sent him Pics of what Mount and Base should look like and he wrote me back saying this !!!!!!!

New message from: probe551104giw (5,531Green Star)
thanks and I have been in contact with a WW sniper expert and he agrees that it was altered but NOT post WW but by the soldier who used the gun.. The experts view was that it was modified to lessen any weight where possible... The mount was not changed because it could not be change , that would be able to work on the M98. He has sen two other sniper mounts change into this configuration over his 50 years of collecting Thank you.

The Sellers reply is why I mentioned Similar Configurations and doing Sticky for that reason !!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol too funny Dave! The key words “ the mount was not changed, because it could not be changed!” Thank god know I know for a fact every SS issued 98 is indeed true,and can not be faked!:p

Dave, I believe they are not called "WAFFS".

The proper terminology is "War Eagles". Get it straight.

Jeff

Military Rifle Journal
Back