Third Party Press

Short Rail Zf39 Reproduction

Jackel99

Hello all,

A couple weeks ago I picked up a Yugo captured K98 with the intent to put a reproduction ZF39 mounted via a short side rail. I have got to looking at all the reproductions options. I figured before I made a purchase I would come here and get some advice from you guys as I know that you all know way more then I do when it comes to optics and mounts for scopes on the K98. I'll get some pictures of the rifle it up tomorrow.

I've looked at the Accumounts page along with a couple other companies and then the ones that show up on Ebay. I'm just trying to sift through the less good ones and the ones that are of better quality.

What would you advice or recommendations for a repro. ZF39 and Short Side Rail? I'm open to all suggestions.

Jackel99

Jackel99,

If you are sold on using the SSR mount on your K-98k sniper clone I would recommend using the Accumounts Type 3 SSR. The Type 2 tends to loosen up under recoil and not lock up too well. The type 3 SSR mount is and improvement on the Type 2 featuring a "wingnut" style screw that helps lock the mount down to the base. There used to be a better reproduction mount option in the past but as of now Accumounts is your best bet.

Jackel99,

If you are sold on using the SSR mount on your K-98k sniper clone I would recommend using the Accumounts Type 3 SSR. The Type 2 tends to loosen up under recoil and not lock up too well. The type 3 SSR mount is and improvement on the Type 2 featuring a "wingnut" style screw that helps lock the mount down to the base. There used to be a better reproduction mount option in the past but as of now Accumounts is your best bet.

Okay thank you for your advice. I wasn't fully sure between the differences of the 2. Ya I want to do a side rail setup as it's more iconic look to me. I had thought short side rail but wasn't going to put out the LSR either.

Okay thank you for your advice. I wasn't fully sure between the differences of the 2. Ya I want to do a side rail setup as it's more iconic look to me. I had thought short side rail but wasn't going to put out the LSR either.

In my opinion the LSR is a more solid design. However, I don't know if you are going for a period correct look with your rifle based on its year/factory code. Good luck with your project!

Thank you good sir. Here is the gun itself for the starting point.

Attachments

• IMG_E3192.jpg
    IMG_E3192.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_E3194.jpg
    IMG_E3194.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3195.jpg
    IMG_3195.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 44

Military Rifle Journal
Back