Third Party Press

VZ24 german used

toulon44

hello all

this is my last catch ,VZ24 with german updated no doubt with the LK5 stamp , take down disk and small parts with sérial number , matching but the bolt , original barrel still in place , here are the pics , i think that it's an early mod 24 nothing stamped on the side rail so your feedback 'll be welcome . thanks in advance

bernard

0.jpg1.jpg2.jpg2a.jpg2b.jpg2c.jpg2d.jpg3.jpg3a.jpg

graffiti

some thing written on the left side of the stock

" pris aux boches pour la libération de bourgoin Sg fousse 1944 "
bourgoin is a small town near LYON

10.jpg

this is the second VZ24 with LK5 coming from this area .

Congratulation Bernard and thanks for the pictures :thumbsup: a very nice catch, would suit nice into my collection, I have more VZ24 but none of them with LK5 stamp.
As far as I know the stamp in your 3ed picture is the approval stamp and shows that it was approved in 1924.

Regards
theDane

Very nice super early vz24. Looks like it survived in great condition. Thanks for sharing it!

Very cool Bernard! I have one very similar. It's been reblued by the Germans. That's an old German WW2 dip blue done in the rework. I think the "history" on the stock makes it even cooler. I'd love to have it :happy0180:

Very nice find, congratulations on an excellent rifle!

graffiti

some thing written on the left side of the stock

" pris aux boches pour la libération de bourgoin Sg fousse 1944 "
bourgoin is a small town near LYON

View attachment 192333

this is the second VZ24 with LK5 coming from this area .

I remember you posting the other one awhile back. One theory has it that LK5 is associated with northwestern France in it's earlier command before being reconstituted and renamed in Stuttgart in September 1944, so having two LK5 rifles from eastern France in 1944 is highly interesting.

Very nice find, congratulations on an excellent rifle!

I remember you posting the other one awhile back. One theory has it that LK5 is associated with northwestern France in it's earlier command before being reconstituted and renamed in Stuttgart in September 1944, so having two LK5 rifles from eastern France in 1944 is highly interesting.

you are right in fact it's the third , two VZ24 and one G98M with the LK5, same area .

VZ24 3 (Copier).JPG272 (Copier).JPG

G98M 4.JPG12 (2).JPG

Military Rifle Journal
Back