Third Party Press

Sauer HT serial #3344 barreled action from Alderfer Auction October 16th

Absolut

Alderfer Auction sold a "Mauser Mod 98 barreled receiver" as lot #1489 of their October 16th Firearms Auction. The original listing is this: https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-M...-98-barreled-receiver/lotInformation/44353589 and would indicate a person with the username "h****y" bought it bidding online. Those familiar with K98k rifles will notice that this action bears so-called High Turret bases and is of J. P. Sauer & Sohn manufacture, therefore quite desirable and collectible.

Just some time after this auction (and not having known of it!) I recently came across an eBay auction for a Dialytan dkl+ coded scope which I was highly interested in to put on my ce44 HT rifle which came without a scope. After having successfully bought the dkl+ scope a friend made me aware that this scope was matching numbers to the barreled action that was sold at Alderfer.

Having tried to contact the buyer via Alderfer failed so far, therefore I would kindly ask you out there to keep your eyes open for whoever has bought the barreled action. It would be great if they could be reunited. Attached are pictures both from the action and the scope I had purchased. THANKS!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 183
  • zf1.jpg
    zf1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 131
  • zf3.jpg
    zf3.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 136
  • zf4.jpg
    zf4.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 128
  • zf5.jpg
    zf5.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
I'm still not convinced that the scope has the same serial number as the barreled action receiver which is 3844. The scope looks more like 3344 to me. On the second number, the bottom portion does not come all the way up and connect in the middle like an 8 should. But perhaps better pictures would help.

Edit: I can’t tell what the barreled action is. Safety is 3844 but bolt is 3344? That rifle is an absolute mess.

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced that the scope has the same serial number as the barreled action receiver which is 3844. The scope looks more like 3344 to me. On the second number, the bottom portion does not come all the way up and connect in the middle like an 8 should. But perhaps better pictures would help.

Edit: I can’t tell what the barreled action is. Safety is 3844 but bolt is 3344? That rifle is an absolute mess.

I thought the same Matt, but if you magnify the photo of the safety you can see it's a "3"

Bolt Body # looks like 3344 but the safety looks like its maybe 3844 could be picture distortion imo , if I had to guess , I would say its mostly 3344 . Whats the Number on Rear Ring Middle Piece ????. Best Regard

Last edited:
It could just be the angle or a reflection. I however did not intend to start a discussion on the rifle itself, I was hoping for help in locating the barreled action or the buyer of it. Thank you.

Bump to top. Wonder if anyone has seen this barreled action surface anywhere since then, maybe now restored?

Another bump, this time with pictures of the scope that I have matching to this rifle.

Attachments

• dkl_01.jpg
    dkl_01.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 38
  • dkl_02.jpg
    dkl_02.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 51
  • dkl_03.jpg
    dkl_03.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 32
Another bump, this time with pictures of the scope that I have matching to this rifle.
just a small remark
for a sauer block F, it's strange to find a dkl with a serial number from the start of production
that said everything is possible
good research and patience

Military Rifle Journal
Back