Third Party Press

G41 Mauser Stock and bands

Bugeater

Need Help. Recently purchases this G41 mauser on Rock Island. I am wondering if the stock is original. Looks pretty nice for WWII. Also, I didn't do a very good job on seeing the bands were not original (first time on Rock Island - should have read better!). Any thoughts on the bands? Should I look for an H style with now serial or just leave it?!

Thanks

See link
https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/75/2704/mauser-g41-m

You could have requested additional pictures. The stock should be numbered externally at the wrist and internally, under the hand guard. The fact that the bands have been swapped with unnumbered originals is a significant red flag. These stocks are reproduced. Update us when you have the rifle in hand.

I to find that suspicious and with that amount of money paying for something. That to me immediately sends a red flag. Please show more pictures when you get the rifle in hand.

The description states the e/135 stock acceptance is on the left side but it is visible on the right side in one of the pictures. All G41M rifles that I've observed have the stamp on the left side.

When the stock "is there and all matching" but the barrel bands are missing or non-matching, and it's not a duffle cut, the scenario defies all logic and you know there's a second part to the story that hasn't been told yet...

Thanks

Thanks for the advice.......I'll do more homework next time!

Need Help. Recently purchases this G41 mauser on Rock Island. I am wondering if the stock is original. Looks pretty nice for WWII. Also, I didn't do a very good job on seeing the bands were not original (first time on Rock Island - should have read better!). Any thoughts on the bands? Should I look for an H style with now serial or just leave it?!

Thanks

See link
https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/75/2704/mauser-g41-m

G41 and stock

Guys

Just want to say thanks for your help! Rock Island agreed and gave rifle back to the owner as they had doubts on stock as well after reviewing it. Rock Island was great to work with on it. I'll do a better job with my research next time!

Thanks

Shawn

Military Rifle Journal
Back