Third Party Press
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RESEARCH PROJECT- Gl. V. Marked Rifles and M1916 Glasvisier Study

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    Checked all of my gew98 rifles last night for that marking on the rear sight. No luck I do not have a single rifle with that marking. But being your researching this if I do come across any rifles with that marking. I will try to get the information to you.
    Thanks Jordan, I appreciate it.

I have posted detailed pictures of Glasvisier 16 #6000 attached to one of the rifles mentioned in the starting post in the sniper section of this forum: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....l=1#post256844

Quote Originally Posted by Absolut View Post
    I have posted detailed pictures of Glasvisier 16 #6000 attached to one of the rifles mentioned in the starting post in the sniper section of this forum: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....l=1#post256844
    Georg, those are beautiful photos, what is your method for that? Fantastic rifle and optic set, the condition is fantastic and the manual is remarkable. Nice to see one of these on a proper marked rifle.

I think this particular optic is pretty significant. It's the high number for the study which has already surpassed my assumption of five thousand. It will be interesting to see if any turn up higher than this. I have recorded multiple examples from 1-1000, 2k-3k, etc through 6,000, I'm inclined to think that if they were higher I would have seen more dotted examples past 6,000. You very well could have the last one made, but time will tell. I think it's important to not get carried away and let the study guide conclusions and not the other way around, given my assumption has already been proven wrong once.

I didn't know Amberg started bluing receivers so early in their 1918 production, I have Amberg 1918 6507 and it's in the white.

Do you know the barrel code by chance?