Third Party Press

Thread: My K98 specimens

Default My K98 specimens

I just joined up here so I figured I would post a few pictures of the K98's I currently have.

if pictures are hard to see:

"147" 1940 with h suffix- all matching minus barrel bands and butt plate, non import marked
    "bcd 41" with f suffix- mismatch Russian capture, eagles peened, no elctro stenciling, import marked- barrel
    "byf 42" with g suffix- mismatch with no X for RC, but stock had shellac on it, eagles in good shape, Imperial German marked straight bolt, electro stencil "matched parts", import marked-receiver
    "ce44" with what appears to be k suffix, (up close pic included),Russian capture, eagles in good shape, no electro stenciling, stock marked import marked-receiver

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great start to a collection! Thanks for sharing!

John.

I have original German K98k slings for all the rifles you're showing. Just got some in, average used condition..will look a lot better

Best regards Tommy
    us1945@hotmail.com
    Seller of K98k stocks, slings and parts

Nice looking group of 98s you have there. Would grab a couple of those original slings for sure. They should increase value as well. Thanks for sharing.

Nice little collection. You’re headed down a dark path, it won’t stop at 4 hah.
    Looking for 10" cleaning rod, early style e/214 #91, nazi style e/26 #04
    Looking for these 44 bayonets. pyy, cul, sgx, ddl,

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAR View Post
    Nice little collection. You’re headed down a dark path, it won’t stop at 4 hah.
    Yeah if you're in for 4 it probably won't stop there.

btw welcome aboard!
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Oh, I've sadly sold two over the years. I love these rifles and will try and find them when they go for reasonable prices. I have yet to pay over $475 for one. I know those days are numbered though. My initial goal was to have one from each year of the war, but I'm sure I'll end up with more than 7 total haha.