Third Party Press

My K98 specimens

mike44f

I just joined up here so I figured I would post a few pictures of the K98's I currently have.

if pictures are hard to see:

"147" 1940 with h suffix- all matching minus barrel bands and butt plate, non import marked
"bcd 41" with f suffix- mismatch Russian capture, eagles peened, no elctro stenciling, import marked- barrel
"byf 42" with g suffix- mismatch with no X for RC, but stock had shellac on it, eagles in good shape, Imperial German marked straight bolt, electro stencil "matched parts", import marked-receiver
"ce44" with what appears to be k suffix, (up close pic included),Russian capture, eagles in good shape, no electro stenciling, stock marked import marked-receiver

Mike

Attachments

• K98.jpeg
    K98.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 97
  • K98-A.jpeg
    K98-A.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 107
  • K98-B.jpeg
    K98-B.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 74
  • k98-ce44.jpeg
    k98-ce44.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 63
Nice looking group of 98s you have there. Would grab a couple of those original slings for sure. They should increase value as well. Thanks for sharing.

Nice little collection. You’re headed down a dark path, it won’t stop at 4 hah.

Oh, I've sadly sold two over the years. I love these rifles and will try and find them when they go for reasonable prices. I have yet to pay over $475 for one. I know those days are numbered though. My initial goal was to have one from each year of the war, but I'm sure I'll end up with more than 7 total haha.

Military Rifle Journal
Back