Third Party Press

G98/40 Bolt/Bolt Head

Spivey

Howdy!

Does anyone know of a place that makes reproduction bolt heads/extractors/etc... for the G98/40?

Ian mentions that he thinks they exist in this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdnNYqjpQvs

I recently picked up an unmolested 43M and a sporterized G98/40 came for free as "parts" along with it, but the only thing it's missing to be functional is a bolt head.

Thank you,
Sam

I do not know of anyone making the bolt heads but would not be surprised if it was being done. Regardless, the bolt head for a G98/40 or 43M is not typically one of the harder to find parts. Watch eBay and GunBroker for complete bolts. I usually see them offered a couple of times per year. Consider parting out or selling your parts rifle to offset the cost.

I do not know of anyone making the bolt heads but would not be surprised if it was being done. Regardless, the bolt head for a G98/40 or 43M is not typically one of the harder to find parts. Watch eBay and GunBroker for complete bolts. I usually see them offered a couple of times per year. Consider parting out or selling your parts rifle to offset the cost.

Oh, the 43m is complete.
It's the parts rifle that's missing only the bolt head.

Does the headspace change with firing/would it be inadvisable to use the same bolt in both guns in the interim before I can find another bolt head for the incomplete one if it headspaces properly in both in the first place?

Hello,

Not sure if they still have them as its been quite some time since I last saw they had some, but Jack First had extractors and are pricey (60 or 80) might have the other stuff you need also. IF they have the extractors they were quality reproductions.

Later
Vaughn99

Military Rifle Journal
Back