Third Party Press

JP Sauer 38H with Lanyard hole

vafred

I would greatly appreciate any information on this. Between the proof and serial number there is a hole and
it's perfectly drilled. It looks like a factory job.

Thanks!

Steve

Can you post a picture? I have seen lanyard loops added postwar to High Powers for French police use.

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot imagine the factory punching a hole through the serial number. Looks like after market, regardless of quality. Jim Crate frequents Jan Still's forum. Not sure if he visits this one, but he'd be the man I'd turn to for this question.

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot imagine the factory punching a hole through the serial number. Looks like after market, regardless of quality. Jim Crate frequents Jan Still's forum. Not sure if he visits this one, but he'd be the man I'd turn to for this question.

I am extremely skeptical. As said, ask Jim. He is very willing to help and a great guy.

I am very new to the forum and appreciate all opinions. I am not sure how to contact Jim Crate. When I look at the hole closely, it does not appear to have damaged the finish, like someone would do in an after market job. If it were a practice I would have thought there would be more examples. ....Just my thoughts.

Military Rifle Journal
Back