Third Party Press

DOU 41 G.24(t) help

ltong29

Looking to get a G.24(t) and don't know what to make of this one. It looks like it's an early G.24(t) since it has WaA607 receiver inspections with a mismatched bolt. The stock appears to be a VZ-24 stock which was Germanized. What's throwing me off is the butt plate is serialed to the rifle. I asked the seller for more pictures of the wood markings, specifically below the takedown disk and below the pistol grip. Any pointers on this one?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 57
The first 24t stocks were converted vz24 stocks, I couldn’t tell you which letter blocks they lasted until though. I’m pretty sure that stock is correct, other than being heavily sanded.

It could be correct when serialed correctly also same number and letter probably and WaA 607 proofs, problem when they were sanded out, buttstockplate looks serialed. b.r.Andy

Shame about the stock. The rifle is also import marked. I think i'll pass. Thanks for the help!

I'll agree. They certainly show up in this configuration although I was surprised somewhat to see the bottom swivel set. I know they did sometimes. The unmarked milled bottom metal is correct too. You know what you should see on the right stock. His pictures are not really good at all.

Shame about the stock. The rifle is also import marked. I think i'll pass. Thanks for the help!

Well that's up to you but I'm sure it would clean up much better and you know the current price. And at least the bolt is correct straight handle.

Seller emailed back and said the stock does have the serial # but couldn't make out if there were any other waffenamts on the stock. Given it has a CAI import mark and is counter-bored, what do you think the history of this one is?

I was thinking one of eastern European imports, maybe Albanian judging by exterior finish condition, bolt mismatch and bore issues. If it ended up dirt cheap as a place holder?

Military Rifle Journal
Back