Third Party Press

Who makes the best repro HT mounts?

GunKraut

I guess most of you will say Spielauer but those will be almost impossible to find.
So, besides Spielauer, who manufactures HT mounts that look the part and work as well? Especially looking for proper appearance for use on a byf44, hence not interested in split rings.
Thanks

I guess most of you will say Spielauer but those will be almost impossible to find.
So, besides Spielauer, who manufactures HT mounts that look the part and work as well? Especially looking for proper appearance for use on a byf44, hence not interested in split rings.
Thanks

I recently picked up a set of HT rings/mounts from the people in France who make them. They look good, feel solid and I'm happy with the quality. Vaughan has them now and is soldering a scope to the rings.

I have encountered one problem with them, however: the front base on my set is not drilled for the tapering screw used to help fix it to the receiver, but some other profile (Vaughan picked up on this). I have emailed them and thus far have not received a response (not sure if I just lucked out and got a dud set of if this is a common problem). Will let you know what happens. The screws were also bought from the same people. Here is their website:

http://aassniper98.com/en/55-allemagne

Cheers
Chris

I would have to agree. That sight is not cheap, but they have some of the best repros on the market.

I recently picked up a set of HT rings/mounts from the people in France who make them. They look good, feel solid and I'm happy with the quality. Vaughan has them now and is soldering a scope to the rings.

I have encountered one problem with them, however: the front base on my set is not drilled for the tapering screw used to help fix it to the receiver, but some other profile (Vaughan picked up on this). I have emailed them and thus far have not received a response (not sure if I just lucked out and got a dud set of if this is a common problem). Will let you know what happens. The screws were also bought from the same people. Here is their website:

Cheers
Chris

I have dealt with them before thru their site and eBay, good stuff but their communication is horrible. Vaughn and I noticed a Ukrainian seller that I believe had mounts with the same problems about a year ago on eBay. Maybe it is the same vendor?

Vaughn does great work! He did my HT resto and my LT build. You will be happy with the results. What scope are you going with for your build?

https://imgur.com/a/Pfl9K4T

Good luck!

French repro mount question

Did the high turret rings have milling marks on them? The picture on the French seller’s website looks like a picture of an actual set of high turret mounts that had been removed from a rifle since it had worn looking bluing and traces of silver soldering on the bottom of the bases. We’re the rings similar in appearance to the photographs or were they smooth like the accumount high turret reproduction? The reason I am asking is that I have an actual high turret sniper but with no scope. I have the turret bases that are attached to the rifle and a couple of correct scopes but I need the rings for mounting. Thank you for any information.

I have 2 milling machines, 3 drills and a surface grinder but no one could answer me so far as the high or low Turrent is mounted. Did a picture of you work like that ??.
Regards Michael

Cheers
Chris

Personally, I'm not thrilled by their looks. The lathe turned portion looks too smooth and the rest looks like sand cast. Makes Accumount bases look the part...

I have dealt with them before thru their site and eBay, good stuff but their communication is horrible. Vaughn and I noticed a Ukrainian seller that I believe had mounts with the same problems about a year ago on eBay. Maybe it is the same vendor?

Vaughn does great work! He did my HT resto and my LT build. You will be happy with the results. What scope are you going with for your build?

https://imgur.com/a/Pfl9K4T

Good luck!

I have a Kahles "cad" with original rings and an EBRA 6x without rings. I'm thinking about having the HT mount bases installed to fit the already soldered on Kahles rings, then have the rings that come with the bases soldered onto the EBRA scope so I can switch back and forth depending on how poor my vision is that day.

Well, Vaughan has just finished soldering the scope to the HT rings I got from France, and based on his feedback, GC is spot on. Vaughan did say that normally they are a lot better than the set I received, and that it looks like he just cobbled together odds and ends to make a "complete set" and sent them out. Very sloppy workmanship (bordering on piss-poor) and some small parts are missing. Vaughan's efforts are outstanding and he is truly a master of his craft, however, it is yet to be seen if the bases will be up to the task. At this point my build is on hold indefinitely; I will hold onto the scope/rings and weigh up my options.

Based on this, I would not advise buying from the French website; Accumounts may be considerably cheaper, but in this case, it looks like the old saying that "you get what you pay for" is not true. Caveat Emptor!

If the mounts looks bad but still hold a zero, you could always go for that KRIEGSMODELL look with the sloppy soldering job... be unique as a repro with appropriate stock. :facepalm: :thumbsup:

If you have any pics of the mounts, do send. I haven't seen anyone show them that purchased a set.

Also side note did you send your rifle all the way from down under??

Military Rifle Journal
Back